G7 gaming mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G7 gaming mouse

Does any one know how i could manually install the mouse on my cpu?

When i plug up usb windows does not recognise any hardware for this device, im hoping its windows and not the usb hub for the mouse.

Lights all working on mouse and hub, plus the hub has a usb so you can plug other stuff into it, which also works.

Cheers in advance

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: G7 gaming mouse

Hmm that's odd, usb mice should be plug and play. What version of windows do you have? What kind of usb hub is it?

Comment

Do you have any old mouse drivers installed?

Comment

You could go into the Device Manager and remove all of the human interface devices. That should make it re-recognize your USB stuff.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie
          Hmm that's odd, usb mice should be plug and play. What version of windows do you have? What kind of usb hub is it?
          I have windows xp all up to date. The hub is the actual mouse hub which sends recieve signals via mouse, sry i should of been more clearer on that, its not a hub where you plug all yuor other usbs in to.

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
          Do you have any old mouse drivers installed?
          I have my old mouse still plugged in, well its cordless but it still works, have tried disabling the mouse to see if the new one works but as yet it doesnt

Originally posted by icky
          You could go into the Device Manager and remove all of the human interface devices. That should make it re-recognize your USB stuff.
          Hmm thats worth a try, its funny how windows wont recognise it when i plyg in it in, as sordavie said the mice should be plug and play, so i cant work out why its not working,unless its faulty.

I have emailed logitech as well so am waiting a repsonse from them today to see if they can suss anything out.

Cheers guys

Comment

I think what you're calling a "hub" is the mouse's base station radio. Or does it include additional USB "A" sockets so that additional USB devices can be ganged onto it? (The A connector is flat and rectangular, while the B connector is D-shaped.)

I don't have the G7 but I've got a MX700 and MX1000. If I turn the mouse off or remove its batteries and plug the radio base station into the computer, the computer recognizes that I plugged in a USB device. If I then power up the mouse, I get a second hardware recognition. Do you see either or both of these when you plug in the radio and then turn on the mouse for your G7? Have you tried more than one USB port, on both the front and back of the computer? (These may go to different internal hubs on the motherboard.)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
              I think what you're calling a "hub" is the mouse's base station radio. Or does it include additional USB "A" sockets so that additional USB devices can be ganged onto it? (The A connector is flat and rectangular, while the B connector is D-shaped.)

I don't have the G7 but I've got a MX700 and MX1000. If I turn the mouse off or remove its batteries and plug the radio base station into the computer, the computer recognizes that I plugged in a USB device. If I then power up the mouse, I get a second hardware recognition. Do you see either or both of these when you plug in the radio and then turn on the mouse for your G7? Have you tried more than one USB port, on both the front and back of the computer? (These may go to different internal hubs on the motherboard.)

Yes its the mouse base station but it has 1 additional usb socket on the top of. This works fine when i plug things into it, but when i plug the base station into any usb port on computer nothing happens, windows does not recognize any new hardware

I have tried your way of powering up with base station first and seeing if it responds to it that way, but it doesnt!!

Comment

Wait a cotton pickin second! There is no additional USB port on the G7 base! You are supposed to have the wireless transmitter/receiver plugged into that hole. Your mouse will not work without that little rectangular piece plugged in.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10716
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I was going to same the same thing icky lol. My g7 just plugged right in and was recognized, but the usb on the radio station is for the wireless transmitter usb thingy so it sends/receives from the mouse. I'm not so sure you're supposed to plug anything else into that radio transmitter or whatever it's called.
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                    Wait a cotton pickin second! There is no additional USB port on the G7 base! You are supposed to have the wireless transmitter/receiver plugged into that hole. Your mouse will not work without that little rectangular piece plugged in.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10716
                    haaaaaaaaaa, well done well done. Good detective work there. So obvisouly they havent sent me the thing that plugs into the top of the base station.

Thanks very much for all you help guys, very much appreciated ;)

Comment

Ah, so the base is just an extension jack for the PC's USB port, not a hub. It just gets the base radio closer to the desk than under the table, on the back of the PC. And provides a convenient charging jack for the battery packs.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X