No announcement yet.

New PC Advice

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC Advice

i'm thinking of building a computer this summer. It would be my first attempt, i have put together a system that i think is pretty good for the price. Possible Computer

i can't really go any higher on the price. I would like to know if there are compatibility issues that anyone can see here, or even just some general advice for a first build. I have a copy of 64 bit windows ready for it BTW. I also do not plan on overclocking.

Thanks if advance

"The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Re: New PC Advice

I'm not sure how mature Win64 drivers will be in the next few months. It may be easier just to stick with Win32.

The DVD burner you picked has LightScribe. There are other burners that are cheaper without this option. My opinion is it's not worth getting LightScribe. It's a gimmick and the discs cost far too much for regular use.

Things will change by summer. Supposedly, the M2 socket will be released, which unifies all the different AMD processors under one socket type and switches to DDR2. So far, benchmarks haven't really shown much improvement with DDR2 but DDR2 will get better and cheaper than DDR RAM.

Hopefully, prices will be a little cheaper when summer comes around and you can get a better video card. I think a 7800 of some sort would last much longer.

- It's who you game with.

Re: New PC Advice

^^^There will still be a socket F. It replaces 940 as the server socket.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed