Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access common websites

--EDIT--
    sorry about all the [dot] s but after i tried to post the forums informed me that i can't put "links" in my posts unless i've posted 15 times or more :-(
    -- --

i use IE 6.0
    Windows XP service pack 2 and all current updates.
    I also use Adelphia high speed cable internet acess.

Alright. So today i suddenly can't just type in google[dot]com, hotmail[dot]com, microsoft[dot]com and yahoo[dot]com. Those are just a few sites that if i try and type in the address and hit enter my browser will just perpetually load until it "fails". But if i instead click on the link to hotmail[dot]com in my favorites then it will load no problem. Or if i start to type google i'll get the little drop down box of google[dot]com addresses of recent searches that i've done and then if i select one of those i can access google. from there i can search any other site, click the link and i will connect. This is the only problem i have. I can still download anything i want and play games etc. I haven't installed any new software in months and i haven't changed any settings. Something similar like this happened once and i uninstalled mcaffee virus scan and it fixed my problem all together. I uninstalled it this time and things were good for about an hour but then it all went right back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Can't access common websites

MS borked their last patch. See this thread to see if you have the same problem.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...esponding.html

MS is going to release a patch for the patch.

Comment

Re: Can't access common websites

In the meantime, Opera, Firefox, MyIE2, or any other alternate browser is a good choice.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X