BF2 and Hard Drive Usage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 and Hard Drive Usage

Lately BF2 has been hitting the hard drive pretty hard. Whenever I play, most of the time the hard drive access light will go on and stay on for a long time; this is accompanied by hitching/pauses in the game that make it tough to play. I'm really not sure what it could be; I'm not using more or less RAM than I did back when I didn't have any problem, and that's all I can think of. Has anyone else had this problem? I'll dial down my graphics and see if that works, but I feel kind of weird playing at lower settings than my computer can handle and I'd prefer a proper fix.

Re: BF2 and Hard Drive Usage

Are you sure you aren't using much more RAM currently? This definitely sounds like windows having to cache information into the pagefile because it ran out of RAM. Make sure there aren't any programs or services starting up at startup through MSCONFIG.
    -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
      I'm not using more or less RAM than I did back when I didn't have any problem, and that's all I can think of.
      Yeah, I checked :D

Comment

Weird. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or put one in here, but I'm also having an issue with BF2 and possibly RAM. Sometimes when I launch BF2, I can't even get to the ea games splash screen. My screen would just stay black and I'd have to end the program (I get the not responding msg) Even more recently, I haven't been able to Alt + Tab out of BF2 whereas before I could. What would cause this to happen all of a sudden?
        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Hey Clawhammer have you run a spy-ware/malware scan recently? If not you might have some stuff running you don't know about using more ram than before. Maybe try a registry clean. Try some basic maintenance. Just a thought
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about that. It started right around the time when I was trying to DL the NAW mod and norton kept popping up a trojan attack and deleted files. I'll run one tonight and see what's happening. Thnx
            |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...