Have I told you... I love G15...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I told you... I love G15...

Well I've had my Logitech G15 keyboard and my Logitech wireless, rechargeable, laser mouse for just over a week...

LOVE the keyboard...

As I type this post, I'm listening to "Temptation" from the brand new (just picked it up 2 hours ago) Godsmack CD...why do I know the name of the song already... because my G15 shows me the band, the song, and the time of song... now it's Mama...

When I'm not playing music, it shows me the date and time... when I'm on teamspeak, it shows me who connects by name, shows the number of players in my channel or sub-channel... and it shows me when my mic is going (I'm talking) and who else might be talking...

Thats just the little LCD screen, worth the price already... but the keyboard is also nice, easy on the hands, and all these nice, programmable game keys... SWEET.. the G15 an A+

UNFORTUNATELY, I can't say that about the new mouse... sure it's fast and moves quick, and works like it's suppose to, but the completely changed battery only last about 4 to 6 hours, luckily it came with 2, so one charges while you use one... it's like a cell phone battery that snaps into the bottom... kinda stupid I think... would of rather had a cradle to put it in when not in use...

One Rainy Day now (Godsmack) lol

I have to replace the battery every evening before I start gaming, because it don't warn you, well it has a power/charge light, under your hand... if gaming, you won't see it...

Logitech Laser Mouse... D+

Just my 2 cents.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Have I told you... I love G15...

That thing looks like something from a science fiction nightmare!

Looks surprisingly functional though, and not too expensive.

I also got annoyed with replacing the batteries in wireless mice and switched to a wired high resolution gaming mouse. I love it. The ability to adjust resolution on the fly is pretty sweet. I have it in the middle for normal situations, can pump it up when in driving armor so that the turret spins real fast and push it down for those occasional long distance snipe shots.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a G15 to replace my Saitek Eclipse. I should have jumped on the deal Dell had a week or so ago, the G15 for just over $50, because everywhere else it seems to be $75+.

Magnum, have you checked out the BF2 applet for the G15? Supposedly it shows server information for the server to which you are connected.

Comment

Surprising to hear about the battery issue with the mouse. Which mouse is this specifically? I have the MX700 and MX1000 and the battery life on the MX1000 is a couple days or more, while the MX700 will generally take me through a long day of WoW.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

No I haven't tried the BF2 module for the G15, don't have BF2 anymore so no need...

It's the MX700... and whether gaming or just surfing, one full charge last 4 to 6 hours, so I just replace it daily.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

That's too bad about the battery packs on the mouse. I guess they just aren't as good as AA rechargeable batteries and charging dock with the other versions. My MX900 lasts at least a day of hard gaming. The only problem so far is the docking cradle doesn't connect with the mouse. It used to be a quick slip into the dock and it would start charging. Now, I have to adjust the mouse to get it to connect with the charging points. I'm not sure what happened because there isn't any dirt in the dock or on the bottom of the mouse. One thing is for sure, I'm not going to upgrade to Logitech's new wireless laser!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have the G7 mouse and while I do find the battery life a little short, I find it totally acceptable. I have very rarely had battery die during the action, and I can easily switch it in less than the respawn time. My habits have formed to the point where I will probably never see it die mid-game again. I notice the battery state before starting BF2 and I check it between maps if I suspect it is about to get low.

It is certainly a better situation than having a dead mouse in your hand and a charging cradle on your desk.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I'm with Icky on the Mouse deal.. My G7 is the same way.. pretty sure I get a min of 6 hours gaming out of it.. at least, I've never checked with a fresh battery - I know a fresh battery lasts longer than I do.

But anyway, battery swap is seconds.. quick and easy.

If I used my MX1000 for gaming still, I know for certain there would be multiple times where I would have to switch to a backup / wired mouse because I didn't charge the batteries.

I give both the G7 and G15 an 'A'
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                  It is certainly a better situation than having a dead mouse in your hand...
                  There are few worse situations than having a dead rodent in your hand. Half a dead rodent is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                    It's the MX700... and whether gaming or just surfing, one full charge last 4 to 6 hours, so I just replace it daily.
                    Unless Logitech changed the design, the MX700 doesn't have a hot-swap pack. It has the more traditional battery cover and two AA rechargable cells.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                      The only problem so far is the docking cradle doesn't connect with the mouse. It used to be a quick slip into the dock and it would start charging. Now, I have to adjust the mouse to get it to connect with the charging points. I'm not sure what happened because there isn't any dirt in the dock or on the bottom of the mouse.
                      You just can't see the film. I have the same problem. It's a thin oxide layer on the charging contacts. I keep a small tin of isopropyl alcohol at my desk and some makeup removal swabs. (You can buy a big bag of these for a few bucks. Get the cutest girl in the makeup section to find them for you. ;)) I use them to clean the contacts and also to clean up the funk that builds up on my desk surface and on the teflon pads under the mouse.

Just dip the swab in the alcohol and give a quick wipe to the gold-plated contacts and you should get good conduction again.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                        You just can't see the film. I have the same problem. It's a thin oxide layer on the charging contacts. I keep a small tin of isopropyl alcohol at my desk and some makeup removal swabs. (You can buy a big bag of these for a few bucks. Get the cutest girl in the makeup section to find them for you. ;)) I use them to clean the contacts and also to clean up the funk that builds up on my desk surface and on the teflon pads under the mouse.

Just dip the swab in the alcohol and give a quick wipe to the gold-plated contacts and you should get good conduction again.
                        Thanks for the tip! I knew I had that bottle of isopropyl alcohol around for something. I think the last time I used it was to clean my CPU's heatsink.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

g15 keyboard A+
                          http://squeak.tacticalblog.com/2006/...-and-g5-mouse/
                          USAR

Comment

Assuming you're not on a huge wall conquering TV, why would you need a wireless mouse. G5 wired all the way:row__573: .
                            The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                            #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                            83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Wires cramp my style. I hate the way they try to drag the mouse off the back of the desk, or get caught on the keyboard drawer, or the way the cat tries to grab the wire as it jerks around behind the desk. It's bad enough that my keyboard has a wire. (My office keyboard is wireless, though.) (The G15 needs the wire to provide adequate power for the keytop backlights.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X