tv tuner for xbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv tuner for xbox

I want to use my monitor to play my xbox, so I was thinking about getting a tv tuner. But i have heard that such a setup would have choppy results. Is this true? Does it depend on the tuner you get?

Here are my specs in case they would help answer my question:

geforce 6800gs
    athlon 64 2800+
    2GB RAM
    CRT monitor (no special video inputs)
    veh-JEET
    No, it doesn't mean anything...yet

Re: tv tuner for xbox

Whoa, I totally didn't understand what you were talking about at first. I thought u wanted to install and tv tuner into the xbox, lol.

Ya, it totally depends on which one u get. My hauppage (sp?) would not work, as it lags about 2 seconds. there are ones that are made especially for ur situation. try www.cnet.com, maybe there are some reviews on some there.

Comment

Avoid tuners that use hardware MPEG2 encoding, those will have a delay. The most notable of those are Hauppauge products and tuners based on the ATI Theater 550 Pro chipset.

I'd would recommend the ATI TV Wonder or TV Wonder Pro, but avoid the TV Wonder Elite as that is based on the Theater 550.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

If all you want is to get your xbox on your monitor, check out an xbox to vga adapter.

Comment

All i want to do use play my xbox on my monitor, i don't want to record vidoe or anything. So do i need a tv tuner or just some adapter/cable.

Could you guys please include some links, i am having trouble finding any promising results.
          veh-JEET
          No, it doesn't mean anything...yet

Comment

Google

That was easy
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server