free backup software (nothing fancy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free backup software (nothing fancy)

I need to take a directory or two on a Windows machine and sync it with a folder on a remote FTP server. Only modified files get backed up. I can create a solution for this, but I thought I'd let someone throw me a bone. Anyone have anything?

The only non-obvious requirement is that files never be automatically removed from the remote FTP location when they're removed from the local disk from which they're being backed up (as you might expect with a "sync").
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: free backup software (nothing fancy)

Cobian Backup 7
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Yeah that one was listed in my free software thread awhile back. Maybe if you use it could you give a report on how well it works
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I'm the one that listed it.......

and I already use it......

and it does everything he wants it to do.....
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I was going to suggest rsync, but that looks similar in capability while adding a nice GUI.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Yeah, I use CB7 at work to back up files on my local machine to one of our network storage machines. The scheduler is nice as well, I just have it configured to back up to the network every day at 3:30 before I leave.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X