Ghost Recon FPS Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Recon FPS Problems

I'm getting 40-60 FPS in single player co-op (demo only here) and drop down to 15-25 FPS in multiplayer co-op. This happens even with just one other person in co-op mode. This shouldn't be happening - everyone else I've spoken with gets very similar performance from single and multiplayer in this game. My system specs are below:

3500+ Clawhammer
    Gigabyte nF4 motherboard
    2GB Corsair ValueRam
    Sapphire X1900XT (Catalyst v.8.241.0.0)
    X-Fi Music
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Re: Ghost Recon FPS Problems

Since you're playing online with Hamachi, it could be that program's fault; GRAW isn't set up to use it or anything like that. I'm no expert but that's the only variable that changes between online and offline as far as I can tell.

Comment

Yeah - but no one else using it experiences similar drops insofar as I've inquired.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Removed 80GB of music & movies, defragged, and fixed. Wow.

Comment

As long as you're not using those movies or music anymore, I'd be happy to take them off your hands :D

Comment

Well the problem seems to have resurfaced in a very mysterious manner. The first time I run GRAW on a fresh reboot, it works great with great FPS. If I close it and open it again, run teamspeak in the background, or anything similar, my FPS are literally cut in half. This is really getting to be bizarre.

I've reinstalled Catalyst drivers, increased page file to 4GB from 2GB, and am generally confused. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
              Well the problem seems to have resurfaced in a very mysterious manner. The first time I run GRAW on a fresh reboot, it works great with great FPS. If I close it and open it again, run teamspeak in the background, or anything similar, my FPS are literally cut in half. This is really getting to be bizarre.

I've reinstalled Catalyst drivers, increased page file to 4GB from 2GB, and am generally confused. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Bad netcode, overflowing temp files, etc. My suggestion: restart computer after every session. Every once and a while the box needs a fresh start. With GRAW perhaps more times then not. :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X