Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming pads

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with gaming pads for PC's

I've been looking for one to buy for some games I own (Like racing, arcade types) but really have no idea which are good for comfort and longevity. Also good as a controller, easy to handle without having to stress it much and just get an effect that feels its working as it should.

If anyone here can give me some info on some game pads (think console game-pads, with the joysticks and the buttons rather than the key-board like quick pads for shooters and the like). Any info or input would be greatly appreciated and taken into consideration.
    -

Re: Gaming pads

Nyko Airflow is what I used to play FFXI (PC MMORPG originally designed for the PS2).

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Nyko_80610

It's like a fat PS2 controller with fans inside that can be turned on/off to cool your palms. I made fun of the fans at first, but they actually helped when I finally tried them out. It's a pretty comfortable controller, too.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

My brother got a Saitek P880 for his birthday a while ago. It's pretty neat for playing console ports and stuff, but a mouse and keyboard or a joystick is a much better choice for most of the good PC games. If I were to buy a gamepad today, I would go with an XBOX360 controller; those work perfectly with Windows and are good controllers too.

Comment

i bought one of those usb converters for a ps2 controller. i have never looked back.
        "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Comment

I paid $10 bucks for this Logitech Precision gamepad, and it does the job for me just fine. I use it for NFS:MW and TM:Nations.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow-Asterisk
            i bought one of those usb converters for a ps2 controller. i have never looked back.
            I bought one of these (off eBay) for my xbox controller, thinking it would work. Sadly, it came with no drivers or software of any type. Where did you purchase that?
            -

Comment

You could probably just download any drivers or software for it from the manufacturer's website.
              |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
              [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Well I found a driver online (There are NO manufacturer insignia on the product and it didn't come in any package that gave me a name)

I contacted the guy that sold he, he gave me the name of the drivers (since been lost) and those didn't work either. I just gave up on the damn thing.
                -

Comment

I have a Belkin Nostrom N52 and I just love it. Just program it the way you want and your good to go.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse