Acer Acer AL1914B 19" LCD Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acer Acer AL1914B 19" LCD Feedback

Brother-in-law has a 19" Acer AL1914B that he's thinking about parting with. Anyone have this specific model? If so, any feedback before I make an offer? Thanks!

I'm not current on LCD specs since I'm still using my trusty 17" CRT, but here's what I found on-line spec-wise...

Monitor Type Flat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix)
    Size 19"
    Contrast Ratio 500:1
    Aspect Ratio 5:4 (Regular)
    Max. Resolution 1280 x 1024
    Brightness 250 cd/m²
    Response Time 12 ms
    Dot Pitch .294 mm
    Color Depth 24-bit (16.7M Colors)
    Viewable Picture Size 19 in.

Any gaming concerns with those specs?

Re: Acer Acer AL1914B 19" LCD Feedback

Response time is a big factor to look at. 12 MS is pretty good compared to some older models that may go as hight as 25 ms and above.

Being your brother in law and all, can you ask him to let you game on it as a test run first?
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
      Brother-in-law has a 19" Acer AL1914B that he's thinking about parting with. Anyone have this specific model? If so, any feedback before I make an offer? Thanks!

I'm not current on LCD specs since I'm still using my trusty 17" CRT, but here's what I found on-line spec-wise...

Monitor Type Flat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix)
      Size 19"
      Contrast Ratio 500:1
      Aspect Ratio 5:4 (Regular)
      Max. Resolution 1280 x 1024
      Brightness 250 cd/m²
      Response Time 12 ms
      Dot Pitch .294 mm
      Color Depth 24-bit (16.7M Colors)
      Viewable Picture Size 19 in.

Any gaming concerns with those specs?
      Have a real close look at it. I looked at various Acer displays in 3 different stores. All of them had dead/stuck pixels.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

DB has a good point. Try out the monitor first on some of the games you play most, and check for ghosting. I think lcds have like 2ms response times nowadays (you'd still pay premium for it of course). IMO, I probably wouldn't offer too much for it based on the response time and Contrast ratio. You can probably find a new lcd with lower response and higher contrast ratio for around $250 nowadays. (Don't quote me, it's been awhile since I've looked, just an assumption)

On side note, I read in computer gaming that a 17" LCD has a 19" viewable pic. Does this mean a 19" lcd has a 21" viewable pic? If so the specs are wrong for the acer, just a thought, no biggie.
        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer
          On side note, I read in computer gaming that a 17" LCD has a 19" viewable pic. Does this mean a 19" lcd has a 21" viewable pic? If so the specs are wrong for the acer, just a thought, no biggie.
          If anything, it'd be that a 17" LCD has the same viewable area as a 19" CRT, but it's not even that large of a difference. A 17" CRT may give you something around 16" of viewable space, but a 17" LCD would be much closer to 17" of viewable space.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

I have a LCD 19" and I love it. I don't think you will have any problems playing BF2 or other games with it.
            The Old Guy
            kin3
            sigpic

Comment

Definitely check the monitor out if you can. Test out the viewing angles. It might bother you if you can't get a good view of all the screen. The LCD on my laptop is fine with me but the Dell 1907FP that I just got has a worse viewing angle. I'm not too picky with it but it might bother you a lot. I think anything above 150 degrees horizonal and vertical is pretty good.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well, finally convinced the brother-in-law to let me use the LCD for a few days for gaming before deciding. I'm picking it up after work tonight. Apparently it's also still under warranty, at least for a few more months.

So, assuming no dead pixels, what do you guys think is a fair price? I figured since it doesn't have DVI input and is 12ms I'd offer ~ $100. It looks like there are non-brand name 19" LCDs out there with a bit better specs for right around $150 so I thought that might be fair.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X