WolfKing TimberWolf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WolfKing TimberWolf

My trusty old Logitech keyboard lost a key the other night and it's finally time for a new key board.

I've been looking at this keyboard:

Timber Wolf by WolfKing

Haven't found anyone I know personally who has one yet, nor can I find anyone on other forums I frequent that has one.

Anyone here have any expereince with this product?

Specifically what it does is it recreates nearly the entire left half of a normal keyboard in a semi circular fashion.

Re: WolfKing TimberWolf

That is a neat keyboard. This is the first time I see it on a forum aswell. I use a Belkin Nostromos N52. Here is a link to the Optimus keyboard http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/ . Its been talked about allot recently but maybe you haven't seen it.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

That is a sweet looking keyboard, and I bet of much better quality then any I've looked at.

Although it's additional keys are out of reach for gaming. As far as labeling goes, I only game and as you all know, if your looking down your dead.

That's the alure of the WolfKing to me. It seems although the keys are only duplicates of part of the keyboard their layout would reduce the looking and the reaching.

I think I'll just get one and be the first to find out if it's junk or something that might take off.

In stores, I felt the Zboard layout and keys and didn't like them. I felt the layout was too blocky, and essentially if you didn't have your left and right on either side of forward and back, you'd have to fudge a workaround for your hand to make it work.

Long ago I realized I myself am much more comfortable with a "peace sign" or "v for victory" configuration for left and right, and forward and back. The left and right being on the "V" fingers, and the forward and back on the ring finger.

For me I think the WolfKing board will allow me to keep this layout since essentially those sections of the keyboard are the same as a normal keyboard.

I haven't ordered it yet, fortunately my broken key is not in my primary area and I've been able to remapp it's function. So I can poke around and ask opinions for a little while. Typing is a bit of a bitch because it's the right shift that is broken. I've learned to create caps on boths sides of homerow with only using the left shift. Any longer like this and it may be a permenently aquired skill.

Comment

This might be of interest

http://www.ergodex.com/mainpage.htm

Pricey, but the reviewers seem to have liked it. I have no first hand experience to offer.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

these keyboards look amazing. puts my saitek to shame lol
          |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
          [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by beep

Pricey, but the reviewers seem to have liked it. I have no first hand experience to offer.

i think i remember reading one of the F-16 pilots have one....
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by beep

Thanks

I had narrowed it down to the TimberWolf but this is exactly why I go through this process. You never know who or what is out there.

Originally posted by CLawHammer
              these keyboards look amazing. puts my saitek to shame lol
              It appears the Ergodex1 is used in conjuction with a normal keyboard. Also WolfKing makes a pad that doesn't replace your entire keyboard it's the WolfKing Warrior. Either is still logical purchase if you do a lot of gaming, even if you just purchased a keyboard.

See how I can justify buying gaming stuff in my own mind. ;-).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X