No announcement yet.

trouble with bf2....little help please?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with bf2....little help please?

Hello , I am running a 64 bit dual core athlon 3800+ 1.0 g with a gige of ram with a nvidia geforce 6150 le video card but i am chopping up pretty bad while playing . is there anything i can do to get rid of the lagg? can barely aim at the enemy...need to kill stuff.

Re: trouble with bf2....little help please?

Add another gig of ram and upgrade your video card to either the 6600 or the 6800 series (assuming you are running in AGP). For BF2 its all about RAM and Video card.

PS ...welcome to TG...Come and play on our servers when you get fixed up. This is the last place you will ever look to play BF2...Teamwork and cooperation are the rule here not the exception. Please read the SOP's and server rules.
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

I assume you have all the video settings down at low?
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      | for | |

Greetings sylence26. We have similar set ups. i have the a1250n model. Everything we have is the same expect the video card. My unit came with the Radion Express 200. I later put in a Radionx 300. $100. 00

I loweed the settings as low as possible in order to prevent choppiness and to have the screen flow better and not get hazzy. i never have experimented with making the graphics better.

I am very pleased how things are going with regards to interacting in the game.

I have a 5MB/second cable also.

Being that the sever is in Virginia my ping is around 25. However, when the sever was else were (do not know) things were pretty darn good also 120 or so.

I am not a computer person. I do not know jack about video cards and such. However, doing a compare and contrast i would recommend you look into researching the video card variable.

If you do not have a MIC get that also.

Good luck with it, Having a Rocket Box of a computer and not getting the full satisfaction out of it would blow hard.

Have a good'n
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Why use such a crappy vid card on an otherwise great CPU?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Definitely look into getting another gig of RAM, and go w/a 6600 or 6800 series vid. card like Grunt said. That should be sufficient to run bf2 in low-med settings w/o any choppiness.
            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Your GPU is definitely the problem. Keep lowering your in game settings until you hopefully reach a playable state that you can bear until you pick up a decent gpu.

I have an X300 SE and 1gig of ram and P3.0 and I can push the effects and other stuff up to medium. I couldn't do geometry up to medium though.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed