Minimum Requirements (Vista-Capable PCs):

800 MHz Intel-compatible processor
    512MB of RAM
    DirectX 9.0-Capable Graphics Processor
    20GB HD
    Recommended Requirements (Premium-Ready PCs):

1 GHz Intel-compatible processor
    1GB RAM
    DirectX 9.0-Capable Graphics Processor, with 128MB graphics memory. (64MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor less than 1,310,720 pixels [no more than 1440x900]; 128MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions from 1,310,720 to 2,304,000 pixels [no more than 1920x1200]; 256MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions higher than 2,304,000 pixels [more than 1920x1200]).
    40GB HD with at least 15GB "free space"

There is also a new MS website that contians this information and a program that will tell you what you need to upgrade for Vista.

Capable PCs are able to run Vista however Premium Ready PCs can use the Aero glass.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Vista requirements are out

20 GB

I feel old.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wouldn't Premiun PC's have GPUs that have DX10 on VISTA if the minimum is DX9?

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Who has a 1Gig processer nowadays? And with a gig of RAM at the same time?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

wow those are alot lower then i thought, looks like i can upgrade my system now...sweet
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by troublesome4u
            Wouldn't Premiun PC's have GPUs that have DX10 on VISTA if the minimum is DX9?
            You only need DX9 to run Aero Glass.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
              You only need DX9 to run Aero Glass.
              Good to know. :) What will DX10 bring to vista?

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

not really sure, with all the games being released now that are not Direct x 10. I havent heard any game or apps thats are going to use the new directx...so right now nothing that i know of. Its supposed to completely redo how a computer processes a game video and stuff. Really supposed to optimize the hardware and software together to create a better system

Whats gonna be cool is the fact that windows explorer will unload from the system when a game or app loads
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

I've heard that Hellgate, FlightSim X and the new Crysis game will use DirectX 10 if available. They all support DirectX 9 too.

Comment

^^^^^Halo 2 will also use DX10.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      Who has a 1Gig processer nowadays? And with a gig of RAM at the same time?
                      Hmm. My laptop has a pentium M 1.1Ghz processor. And, I've got 1.25GB of RAM. :-p

Comment

Wow, so it says 20gb hd..does that mean thats the space its going to use?

and
                        There is also a new MS website that contians this information and a program that will tell you what you need to upgrade for Vista.
                        Do you have the link for this?

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                          ^^^^^Halo 2 will also use DX10.
                          Halo 2 is coming for PC? Since when? Or is that a typo :p.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin
                            Halo 2 is coming for PC? Since when? Or is that a typo :p.
                            Oh that's right, I forgot about that one, it's going to be Vista only.

Comment

DX10 will increase the preformance of games and introduces Shader Model 4.0.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X