• Dell 20" widescreen LCD deal

Great deal!

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-4688

And you can get a $35 off $300 for $1 on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/dell-home-35-300

Makes it $323 with free shipping.

Re: Dell 20" widescreen LCD deal

I would kill for their30in monitor.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yea, they even emailed me about that yesterday.. 22% off some stuff for their 22nd anniversary.

I'm amazed at how much the price on those big LCD's has dropped in the last year. You really had to jump through hoops to get em below $500 ($550 for my 2001FP in Feb 05), and now Dell is emailing people about em being $350.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

Isn't 16ms response time kinda high?
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by perry
          Yea, they even emailed me about that yesterday.. 22% off some stuff for their 22nd anniversary.

I'm amazed at how much the price on those big LCD's has dropped in the last year. You really had to jump through hoops to get em below $500 ($550 for my 2001FP in Feb 05), and now Dell is emailing people about em being $350.
          I bought the 2001FP right around the same time as you Perry .... great monitor ..... I may get another to run DUAL's .... now that they are so cheap now ....

Or do I get a 20" WS ? ;)
          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
          [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by icky
            Isn't 16ms response time kinda high?
            It's fine, really not a problem at all.

Comment

I'd like to wait for a 24in to drop in price and then maybe upgrade. Right now my 19in lcd works great. Great deal though.
              |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
              [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                It's fine, really not a problem at all.
                As JMJ says, not a problem.

the 2001FP that he and I are using is a 16ms response time and I have no problems with it at all ....
                |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer
                  I'd like to wait for a 24in to drop in price and then maybe upgrade. Right now my 19in lcd works great. Great deal though.
                  Just be sure you have the video card system to run your games at its native resolution of 1920x1200 :D

Comment

Yeah, I think my system can handle it w/2 7800gts :)
                    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

One drawback is the short Y size. I often use remote desktop to connect to the office or customers, and RDP doesn't scale the image to fit your local display. My boss has a laptop with this limitation and it's really frustrating to connect to a remote system running at 1280x1024, esp. when the remote app you're using doesn't resize itself when the desktop size changes, and much of its functionality is below the bottom of one's local screen. Our fallback is to use VNC, but it's horribly slow in comparison to RDP.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I just got the Dell 24 in widescreen today. Theyre givin 20% off so i hopped all over that. All i can say is WOW. this is seriously a work of art. The 1920x1200 resolution is SICK. I can fit like 15 windows open at once and see them all lol. Picture is beautiful. I got ground shipping and it only took 3 days from when i ordered it to get here. Very impressed. Highly recommended.

Side note - now i gotta figure out how to force resolutions in games that dont support 1920x1600. Anyone know how to do it for bf2?

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88
                          I just got the Dell 24 in widescreen today. Theyre givin 20% off so i hopped all over that. All i can say is WOW. this is seriously a work of art. The 1920x1200 resolution is SICK. I can fit like 15 windows open at once and see them all lol. Picture is beautiful. I got ground shipping and it only took 3 days from when i ordered it to get here. Very impressed. Highly recommended.

Side note - now i gotta figure out how to force resolutions in games that dont support 1920x1600. Anyone know how to do it for bf2?

Make sure you give us a report on how it performs !!!

:D
                          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

Comment

yeah - I'm running 1920x1200 on my 17" laptop... it takes some getting used to!

for bf2 add this to your command line:

+szx 1920 +szy 1200

Comment

every game i run is gorgeous. The only thing that takes some getting used to is the slight blur effect when you turn fast in game. I guess thats from the response time. Not sure what it is for this one. Its not horrible, but its noticable. Other than that, everything is crystal clear.

Thanx Whiskey but unfortunately BF2 is giving me problems starting up. Every other game worked fine but not BF2. It starts to start up but then dumps me back to desktop. I upgraded drivers and all that jazz and tried forcin the resolution like you said but no dice.

Figures the one game i play most of all doesnt work with it lol. Theres gotta be a way to get it to start up...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X