DVI-D and DVI-I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVI-D and DVI-I

OK cats here's the skinny. I recently built a PC just to run BF2 (thanks for the help X). I also bought a new LCD to go with the deal.

Gigabyte dual SLI board, 2 gig's RAM, 2 6600GT PCI-E cards, AMD 3200 CPU etc..... the LCD is a 21 inch Samsung SyncMaster and it is digital capable. Here is where the problem comes in. The cards are DVI-I outputs and the LCD is a DVI-D input. I bought a DVI-D cable since I was told that it would work. The four missing prongs on the DVI-I are for analog anyway so I didn't need those. Well I plugged the darn thing in and got nothing. It all still works in analog but the digital function just isn't there. Did anyone else have a problem like this or am I just computer slow? I know I won't get much better resolution out of a digital picture but it'd be nice to use the digital capabilities since I have them.

Re: DVI-D and DVI-I

Junker,

Might want to look in the packaging's and see if there are any DVI-D to DVI-I adapters. It's possible.

Otherwise, you should be able to find some adapters for less then a new cable to allow you to work with the DVI-I on the monitor.
    [TG-Irr]Vulcher
    sigpic

Comment

DVI-D = Digital
      DVI-A = Analog
      DVI-I = Both (integrated I think)

So anyway, the DVI-I output should be able to do either analog or digital. there might be a setting in the drivers for it (though that really seems stoopid.)
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I went DVI several months ago. When I first hooked it up I got nothing. I fixed it by changing the video setting in game to match the refresh rate (?) to 60hz...the native setting on my new monitor. After I matched the setting to my monitor's native setting it worked fine. Hope this works
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed