Office 2007 Beta 2 Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2007 Beta 2 Released

Microsoft today released to the public the Office 2007 Beta 2 for download. Since I am currently at school I cannot download it so I cannot give you any information on how it runs or how I like the new UI. What I can tell you is that the beta includes EVERY office product and the servers that go along with them. Currently it may take a while to get access to the download and login, it is because of the amount of people currently trying to download and test the beta themselves. This beta will last until next February (Feb 2007), and it is totally free.

For the Main page of the microsoft 2007 beta site click below:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx

To go directly to the beta download click this link below:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev.../overview.mspx

Suites
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
    includes:
    Office Word 2007
    Office Excel 2007
    Office PowerPoint 2007
    Office Outlook 2007
    Office Access 2007
    Office InfoPath 2007
    Office Publisher 2007
    Office Communicator 2007

Programs

Microsoft Office Groove 2007
    Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
    Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    Microsoft Office Project 2007
    Microsoft Office Visio 2007

Servers

Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007
    Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
    Microsoft Office Project Server 2007

Additional Services
    Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services
    -BB|KillerTarget

Re: Office 2007 Beta 2 Released

I use Open Office. :)

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      I use Open Office. :)
      Me too. When I re-built my machine a few months I went open source/free for everything. Only thing I'm running that's commercial is Windows XP Home and my games.

Comment

So, this is a no limit beta test?

btw, I didn't see Frontpage on the list.

Comment

yep, and they stopped making frontpage. Think they replaced it with communicator.
          -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Signing up now.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
              Me too. When I re-built my machine a few months I went open source/free for everything. Only thing I'm running that's commercial is Windows XP Home and my games.
              I'm about to go one better and eliminate everything but the games. :row__593:

Comment

You know, looking at the list on the Professional Edition, I wonder: when are they going to include Visio in the package?

Comment

Don't know, but Visio is a great program.

I have been playing around with PowerPoint and Word a lot today and they kick serious butt. The new interface is really intuative when you get down to it, and the new features to word like Table of Contents (actually hidden in a menu somewhere in the past version or two), the addition of a citation engine and a bibliography right inside it is very nice indeed. With PowerPoint I like how text now is almost like WordArt, but you can do a lot more like have it reflect and such, and the new templates are excellent. While there are fewer now they have the ability to become super custom by changes colors and the style of it and the background of the template.
                  -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Would it overwrite my current Windows Office suite that I have, or be separate??

Comment

It is seperate for me.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I just dowloaded it and tested it out. It DOES NOT overwrite your current office version. The only hiccup I saw was that it imported my account seettings from Outlook Express to Outlook. The interface is awesome. It took a bit to get used to the completely overhauled interface, it is pretty smooth IMO. Otherwise it is running solid, to include the language pack I also installed. The entire beta expires Feb 2007.
                        Last edited by TheBigC; 05-24-2006, 07:26 PM.
                        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

You can install it separtately, but I have not figured out how to set it up to default to the older version of office if you want to use it. Just remember when you run the setup to say to keep the older office, the only program that will have to be removed is outlook, but the new outlook is nice looking. The only problem I have is that the new UI isn't the same on all the programs, just Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. I hope every other program will get the new UI update soon because the new UI is so much more intuative.
                          -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                            I just dowloaded it and tested it out. It DOES NOT overwrite your current office version. The only hiccup I saw was that it imported my account seettings from Outlook Express to Outlook. The interface is awesome. It took a bit to get used to the completely overhauled interface, it is pretty smooth IMO. Otherwise it is running solid, to include the language pack I also installed. The entire beta expires Feb 2007.
                            Spanish?

Does it fix the problem where it will all of a sudden change the language back to english from where u start typing after it has done it? In other words, I'll get a red underline for a word that is spelled correctly, and I'll have to highlight everything, then go back to select language, and select Spanish. It drives me nuts!!

Comment

No I downloaded the German Beta version. But it does do both languages simultaniously. Is got a bit confused on certain words that are similar in both languages.
                              I did not see anything for Spanish, sry.
                              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X