Hardware problem no sound - us os

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware problem no sound - us os

Hey , I'm having a problem, i baught a copy of windows xp pro from ebay, Once recieved i installed it, all went fine, Got it into xp can do everything normal, apart from the NO sound issue, The computer isnt detecting my onboard sound ( realtech ac'97 ), And i found out that the OS is a us version and my compuer an i are fully english;) So will i need to install some drivers? i've googled for realtech 97 drivers and found nothing... will i have to result into buying another windows xp? Any help apreciated.
    Abehep

Re: Hardware problem no sound - us os

was the xp version un-opened and an actual XP disk? Why not just get a cheap PCI sound card?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

You can get the realtek drivers here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-1.aspx

I have a realtek onboard my system as well, and the drivers work fine.

Comment

You quite likely have checked this, but make sure on-board audio is enabled in BIOS. If it's not, Windows won't detect it and install drivers.

Comment

Windows also normally doesn't have very good sound dectection for onboard audio, unless the motherboard is older than Windows XP Pro itself. With my old onboard sound (i now have an audigy 2 zs) windows would never detect my realtek onboard sound.
          -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X