Ghost Start up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Start up

I'm hoping a few of you could help me isolate the problem. This past weekend I rearranged my computer room so that I had my fan blowing directly into my case. Ever since I took the side panel off and started to use my fan my computer would automatically start up after log off and shut down. I had to manually switch off the power supply in order to stop the computer from starting up on its own. It was really creep last night when it happened- it was like my computer was possessed. Anyone have an idea where I should start looking or why this automatic start-up is occuring?

Re: Ghost Start up

In most new cases, taking the side off is actually going to harm the airflow that is designed to go up and over your graphics card and processor, causing overheating problems. You might want to see if the temps go down if you put the side back on...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      In most new cases, taking the side off is actually going to harm the airflow that is designed to go up and over your graphics card and processor, causing overheating problems. You might want to see if the temps go down if you put the side back on...
      My temps usually ran from 45-47 degrees on average when playing BF2, but since summer started heated up my computer temps rose along with the nice hot weather. I started to get more frequent crashes and decided to take a friend's advice and remove the side panel. I haven't had any crashes since and the cpu temp dropped signifcantly to 33 idle 38-41 when running BF2. What I'm afraid is that I turned up my house fan too high and it blew one of the wires or hardware components to cause something on my motherboard to automatically turn my computer on. I've since turned my house fan from the high setting to low setting (I get the same results with the temps as far as I can tell).

Comment

You need to contact your local clairvoyance center and have them run a complete diagnostics test on your house. In most cases, you might find such simple things such as sprites. However, in some of the most extreme cases, some ectoplasm may appear in your basement or somewhere downstairs. If this is the case, be on the lookout for Slimer, and any signs your house may be on the verge of opening a gateway for someone called Gozer. That's when you need to contact Egon, Dr. Venkman, Ray, and Ernie. The clairvoyance center should have their contact numbers. Be wary, they will destroy your house, leaving you a monstrous tab, and you may get more ectoplasm than you had before. If that doesn't work, you may need to douse some holy h2o on your machine. If the incident is isolated to your PC, the holy h2o should force whatever it is out, leaving you with a piece of molten plastic that will surely stink and completely ruin the innards of a 2nd generation PC that needed to be overhauled anyways. Hope that helps :)
        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Maybe your PC likes being naked so much it wants to frolic and share with the world. You didn't buy one of those hippie PCs, did you?

Sorry. Have you checked out the obvious like soft power-on settings? There could be settings both in Windows and in your BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer
            You need to contact your local clairvoyance center and have them run a complete diagnostics test on your house. In most cases, you might find such simple things such as sprites. However, in some of the most extreme cases, some ectoplasm may appear in your basement or somewhere downstairs. If this is the case, be on the lookout for Slimer, and any signs your house may be on the verge of opening a gateway for someone called Gozer. That's when you need to contact Egon, Dr. Venkman, Ray, and Ernie. The clairvoyance center should have their contact numbers. Be wary, they will destroy your house, leaving you a monstrous tab, and you may get more ectoplasm than you had before. If that doesn't work, you may need to douse some holy h2o on your machine. If the incident is isolated to your PC, the holy h2o should force whatever it is out, leaving you with a piece of molten plastic that will surely stink and completely ruin the innards of a 2nd generation PC that needed to be overhauled anyways. Hope that helps :)
            lol...your a jackass...thanks for derailing my thread...lol...ecotoplasm..slimer?!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
              Have you checked out the obvious like soft power-on settings? There could be settings both in Windows and in your BIOS.
              I'll double check that, however, it wasn't a problem before. Thanks for the suggestion boot!

Comment

Is your fan connected to the same circuit that goes to your computer? I've heard tales, never experienced this myself with a PC though, that som electrical equipment can interfer with your powersupply's ability to deliver a steady current. I do have experience with this being a problem with ticketprinters(airline stuff), where you put a heater onto the same circuit as the printer and voila things just turn strange......
                --
                VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

who ya gonna call?
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse