Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall issues

Hello,

Could someone please tell me how to go about checking my system to see if my ports are configured correctly. I have always had some slow gameplay when online. I think it may be a firewall issue. I have a cable modem hooked to a router in my house. I recently got a message that said something about TCP Ports on my firewall need to be on certain numbers for proper gameplay. How do I check that?

Thanks,
    Scott

[email protected]

Re: Firewall issues

Best way I can think of, without going through all the port-forwarding nonsense, is to go into the router settings page (usually 192.168.1.1) and set your computer to be in the DMZ.

This lets all the ports through for your machine only. Not something to leave all the time, but it might help to check and see what the problem really is.

Comment

What kind of firewall are you using?
      I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWayne
        Hello,

Could someone please tell me how to go about checking my system to see if my ports are configured correctly. I have always had some slow gameplay when online. I think it may be a firewall issue. I have a cable modem hooked to a router in my house. I recently got a message that said something about TCP Ports on my firewall need to be on certain numbers for proper gameplay. How do I check that?

Thanks,
        Scott

[email protected]
        Two things:

1. You may want to guard your email address from SPAM harvesters by not posting it publicly like that. scott_neumann at hotmail dot com would probably protect it a bit...

b. Back to your problem, the fact that your games are working at all would lead me to think that you're not having any "port forwarding" issues. I could be wrong on this, though...

III. I'm no good at counting things... :icon_razz
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

turn the dam firewall off when playing games ;)
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Firewall issues

um yea..... i disabled my firewall, and don't have a router... can anyone give me some help so i can start playin again.... quick... it says i need to open those same three ports that everyone else is havin problems with....
            Last edited by p8ntballer48; 04-06-2004, 09:04 PM. Reason: need to add sumtin

Comment

May be late for this, but Cing is right. If it's working, albeit slowly, it tends not to be a connectivity issue.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X