Blah I hate you guys...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blah I hate you guys...

Okay, not really, Im just saying that because I really do love you guys...

Uhhh... I read that they fixed the problems with the X-Fi on here, and since I read that I bought a X-fi Platinum...

What should I expect?

[Edit]Its my first time buying something of value on the internet... So im a lil excided (I did purchase Windowblinds5 a few weeks ago, nothing big)[/edit]
    Last edited by Black_V!per; 05-31-2006, 05:22 PM.
    Oyee

Re: Blah I hate you guys...

No idea personally. Since most all of my time on my computer is spent using a USB headset, I've actually stopped buying audio hardware. Whatever is on the motherboard is all I need for the very very minimal usage it will ever need.

The reviews do say it's a really good card though. I perused through a few when building the machine I'm just getting set up now but opted on more drivespace and a higher end motherboard.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I just bought the x-fi extreme music two months ago and I love it. I have not had ANY problems. You must not forget to switch to game mode before entering BF2 or you will have problems.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by troublesome4u
        I just bought the x-fi extreme music two months ago and I love it. I have not had ANY problems. You must not forget to switch to game mode before entering BF2 or you will have problems.
        What do you use for speakers and all that jazz?

Comment

These are the speakers I use Logitech® Z-5500 Digital. It has a built in de or en coder :).
          http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9486
          I switch to entertainment mode for music and movies.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Hey troublesome i've got the Z-5300, I wonder if there's a noticable difference...

Out with the old... Looks like i may have a SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit up for grabs, lemme just get my new card in and working.
            Oyee

Comment

These are the speakers I use Logitech® Z-5500 Digital. It has a built in de or en coder :).
              http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9486
              I switch to entertainment mode for music and movies.
              They got the Skywalker Ranch seal of approval, I noticed.

I wish I had more opportunity to use speakers, but alas, I don't.. :(

Looks like a good card to get though.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                No idea personally. Since most all of my time on my computer is spent using a USB headset, I've actually stopped buying audio hardware. Whatever is on the motherboard is all I need for the very very minimal usage it will ever need.

The reviews do say it's a really good card though. I perused through a few when building the machine I'm just getting set up now but opted on more drivespace and a higher end motherboard.
                Once you get a USB headset you never go back, at least if you wanna be able to play at night.
                The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

The X-FI is supposed to take headphones to the next the next level Apophis. Ahhh but I don't know about usb headphones.

Black Viper from what I have been told at http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/ (my other home aside from TG) there is a noticeable difference. Did you go with the Platinum for the drive bay thing? Does that model have the onboard ram?

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

The X-FI is supposed to take headphones to the next the next level Apophis. Ahhh but I don't know about usb headphones.

Black Viper from what I have been told at http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/ (my other home aside from TG) there is a noticeable difference. Did you go with the Platinum for the drive bay thing? Does that model have the onboard ram?

For 100 bucks does it matter? I mainly wanted the wii-mote...

Since were on that subject, whats the difference between each card?

Aka Music, Platinum, Fatal1ty, and Pro? (And Alienware)
                    Oyee

Comment

I had a USB headphone and all I had were problems w/them. I hear the x-fi SC is awesome though. THinking about getting one. Let me know how it works for you BV.
                      |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                      [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer
                        I had a USB headphone and all I had were problems w/them. I hear the x-fi SC is awesome though. THinking about getting one. Let me know how it works for you BV.

Ya I'll post a comparison when i get it and use it... The only problem is, i just found out im leaving tomorrow to go to AZ for over a month...

I found the differences between the cards:

Music + Platinum have 2mb of onboard X-Ram
                        Fatal1ty + Pro have 64mb of onboard X-Ram

Pro has much better DAC's (What ever those are) and Fatal1ty has much better software towards gaming.

Main difference between Music and Platinum is the Remote/Bay (Inwhich I wanted for coolness and easy accessability*)
                        Oyee

Comment

Yeah the remote is sexy.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Just read this on the X-Fi Site:

Originally posted by SoundBlaster.com
                            EAX® Voice
                            Get Inside The Game!

EAX® Voice allows you to literally become part of the game! Using a microphone connected to an EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compliant audio device in any game title, you can speak and hear your voice with the same effects as the environment your character is in. Furthermore if the game title supports 3D Voice Over IP then other players in the game will be able to hear your voice as you do and coming from the correct direction! But be careful, this effect is so realistic if you talk too loud your enemies will hear you. Add Multi-Environment® supports and they'll even know exactly which room you're hiding in!

EAX® Voice works by feeding the microphone input into the EAX® hardware effects engine and at that point becomes another gaming sound element which you can hear. It is then transmitted along with the environment properties over the LAN (3D Voice Over IP not currently supported over internet connections) and when it reaches another players PC system their EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compliant card translates the environment properties and adds them to your voice in real-time! In order for this feature to work the game must support the 3D voice transmission and EAX® ADVANCED HD™ 4.0 or above.

I didnt know that, and WOW, i really cant wait!
                            Oyee

Comment

Nice, they released the X-Fi series of sound cards about 6 months after I bought my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. The main reason I went with the Platinum to begin with was the remote, but I now use the main bay so often it is crazy, be it for headphones or recording something. The only thing I have not used yet is the digital inputs and outputs of the main bay. I can tell you when i upgraded to the Audigy 2 ZS I noticed a huge increase in the quality of the sound coming out of my speakers, it could be due to the fact that I have the Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia Ultra's, but I just love this sound card still even though the new x-fi's are out.
                              -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X