Need help with TeamSpeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with TeamSpeak

I downloaded teamspeak but I can't get it to work. I see everything...who is on, etc. But I can't hear anything and no one apparently hears me. This is all new to me....any ideas?

Re: Need help with TeamSpeak

http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/BF2_TS_TSO - see if that helps any.

When you go in to settings -> sound input/output settings, have you selected a push to talk key? Use the test mode and see if you hear yourself. If not, you may need to fool around with the stuff in settings -> options, or in the Windows sound control panel.

Logon on and double click on "Battlefield 2 Retail" and you'll see your name with the rest of em.. When you hit the push to talk button the green dot next to your name will light up. Ask if anyone hears you. There's enough folks in that channel right now so you should get a response if things work.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

I did not click the "push to talk" setting. But I see by the wiki link that I should. I saw my green light when I spoke though. I also did the test mode and I could hear myself. I did ask if people heard me when I was on and no one responded. Thanks for the link...that looks good...I've removed the teamspeak program and I'm going to start over. Another thing...after I loaded it and got on TG to play....my squad told me my mic sounded terrible and not to use it. I never had that problem until I loaded teamspeak.

Comment

There are some people that experience thier mic sounding pretty bad with BF2 and TS. Try changing your sound codec from wav to direct sound or vice versa. This little change may not seem likely to help but it has cleared up some problems I have experienced.

Also, do you use the same button for push to talk as you do the ingame chat? This can also cause some problems with your mic echoing or maybe causing interference when you try to talk.

Comment

Changing the codec only changes it for the testing bit, the codec used is defined by the server.
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
            Changing the codec only changes it for the testing bit, the codec used is defined by the server.
            My apoligies.. You are correct I meant to recommend changing the sound driver. It is located under the "Settings" menu then choose "options". From there under the Sound Driver Tab you can choose your sound driver or change the input/ouput device. I have found that just changing either the driver or the i/o device can result in the desired effect of having the mic sound better.
            I have done this when I get bad feedback or just static from my own mic.

Comment

o.k., o.k., o.k., o.k., Here is the deal. On Tactical Wiki i have made it all the way to... connecting. Basically the part were you press your keybinding to connect to the Tactical Gamer server. I had hoped i would start on the default community channed, but when i do the Ctrl+Shift+T deal my head set will reply "error" in a female voice.
              All the instructions were executed to the letter in the previous steps.
              I downloaded the Windows version: TeamSpeak 2 Client (RC2) Version Size 5.59. Is this the right one?
              I also put my sound device as USB and have tried differnt options. Differnt options leave my headset mute when I try to connect. With the USB i at least get the "error" message.
              When i go to the website and connect from the sever list the same message is heard "error"

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.
              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/BF2_TS_TSO - see if that helps any.

When you go in to settings -> sound input/output settings, have you selected a push to talk key? Use the test mode and see if you hear yourself. If not, you may need to fool around with the stuff in settings -> options, or in the Windows sound control panel.

Logon on and double click on "Battlefield 2 Retail" and you'll see your name with the rest of em.. When you hit the push to talk button the green dot next to your name will light up. Ask if anyone hears you. There's enough folks in that channel right now so you should get a response if things work.

This is for anyone who wants to make sure their TS is working o.k. and that they have everything worked out right.

Thanks perry
                (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse