No announcement yet.

What is the best mousing surface??!!!??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best mousing surface??!!!??

I'm looking for a new surface to play on. This is one thing I'm looking at..
    http://www.ulti-mat.com/v3/index.php...mousepads&id=1

It is coated with teflon. Has anyone used this thing, or is there something much better?

I use a Logitech mx510 mouse and I love it. The surface I'm using isn't exactly butter.

Re: What is the best mousing surface??!!!??

http://www.xoxide.com/func-archetype-1030-black.html - that's the one I use. Got it for Christmas because there was no way I'd pay $25 for a mouse pad ;) I'm pretty happy with it, but I've never used a highend mousepad before so I have nothing to compare it to. I use the rough side as the smooth side just seemed too smooth.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

I have to say that I bought the Razer eXactMat and love it. But yes it is not cheap, it is $35. But you can flip it for either speed or control, depending on what you need it for. Plus it is so slim of a profile on the surface. http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Ga...azer-eXactMat/

If you are looking for a low tech cheap solution, I used a monitor pad for years and loved it. All it was was a oversised mouse pad that took up half my desk and it cost like $5.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

mouse pad.....?
        Dizlor

Comment

i use my desk? works fine for me =D (optical)
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Ditto chair, my desk works better then your average mouse mat IMO, maybe an expensive mouse mat would be better, but for me, the desk is fine.
            |TG| Lorian
            Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
              I have to say that I bought the Razer eXactMat and love it. But yes it is not cheap, it is $35. But you can flip it for either speed or control, depending on what you need it for. Plus it is so slim of a profile on the surface. http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Ga...azer-eXactMat/
              I've got the eXactMat as well and it has always worked great. Pricey yes, but being aluminum it should last quite a long time.
              Last edited by DigitalAssassin; 06-04-2006, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to be too slippery?

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler
                  Is it possible to be too slippery?
                  well.. when i went from a mouse pad to my normal desk.. it was less slippery.. and actually better.. for when im sniping i dont over correct when aiming... not as sensitive imo
                  powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I need a pad for my mouse to protect my hand. If I use a hard surface, my hand get sore from resting it on the surface.

I use one of the many free pads I have from work.
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Why can't these companies make white or at least non-black mousepads? I have the func 1030 pad too. It doesn't let either of my mice (G5 and MX1000) track well enough to hit accurately while playing sniper in bf2. So, when I play bf2, I just use my desk, which is gray. My guess is that the mice have trouble "seeing" the laser reflection on the black surface.

Comment

I use a production art cutting mat, similar to this one:

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...56561&x=0&Ntt=

You can get them at your local office supply store. These are made for slicing paper with Xacto blades, so they're usually large, heavy enough to stay put, and durable enough to last for years. I think mine was $15.

The best part is it's big enough to spin that tank turret around 2x before moving my mouse. :D

Comment

I use a old, white cotton t-shirt. I wrap it around the arm of my chair. Not to slippery and very responsive. It does not seem to wear done the little teflon pads on the mouse either.

Another bonus feature is easy to wash.
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                            I use a production art cutting mat, similar to this one:

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...56561&x=0&Ntt=

You can get them at your local office supply store. These are made for slicing paper with Xacto blades, so they're usually large, heavy enough to stay put, and durable enough to last for years. I think mine was $15.

The best part is it's big enough to spin that tank turret around 2x before moving my mouse. :D
                            I like oversized mouse pads, and I must say, I think I'll have to give one of these a shot. I have a 16"x18" pad right now but it's pretty old and needs some help.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X