Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fx: Delete individual URL history

Fx is the abbreviation for Firefox.

I've wanted this forever, and I was amazed that it wasn't possible. Tonight, after looking around the 'net, I confirmed my longtime suspicions: it is possible.. I just didn't know how to do it.

Highlight the entry in the dropdown that stores past URLs in the address bar and press Shift+Delete.

I get annoyed that typo URLs and addresses within a site (cbsnews.com/scitech/blah/blah.html VS cbsnews.com, for example) stay in my history, when all I typically want is a site's main domain address. Before, I avoided removing those entries, as I don't want to clear my entire history. Finally, this allows me to keep that dropdown list tidy without removing what I want to keep.

Thought I'd pass it along.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Fx: Delete individual URL history

Yaa, suuuure cbsnews is what you want to erase from ur history.

I've always clicked Go > History, and deleted from there. Tho, I'm using 1.0.6 because I heard that 1.5 was buggy. Is that what you're using??

Comment

There's nothing wrong at all with 1.5...

Anyway, you can select lots of pages at once from the history section by clicking to the left of the image. Then hit delete.
      |TG| Lorian
      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I hardly ever use the history. Is the history and the address dropdown the exact same set of URLs?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          Fx is the abbreviation for Firefox.
          Why? And sez who?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I hardly ever use the history. Is the history and the address dropdown the exact same set of URLs?
            Yup

The official abbreviation is FF, I don't really like any of them...
            FF
            FFX
            FX
            |TG| Lorian

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
              The official abbreviation is FF, I don't really like any of them...
              FF
              FFX
              FX
              Neg. Google just answered my second question: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firef...ell-abbreviate

But still no answer to my first question. It's certainly not an intuitive abbreviation.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

And so comes into play my bad memory. I have seen that page before, I just thought it said FF...
                |TG| Lorian

Comment

I type pretty quick, so I really don't need to abbreviate Firefox with anything. Saving those extra 5 characters doesn't do much for my overall efficiency. :)
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

yes but apophis you can warp over mulitple data centers with a single click.

And i to have want to know how to do this for a long time. Thanks wyz
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Ok, I'll starting using 1.5 then.
                      No, the history is every page that you have gone to. The address dropdown only lists webpages that you have actually typed into the address bar and pushed enter or clicked go.

Comment

Well deleting something from your history will remove it from your address bar.
                        |TG| Lorian

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT
                          The address dropdown only lists webpages that you have actually typed into the address bar and pushed enter or clicked go.
                          That's the problem. My address dropdown stores URLs within sites (the root of which being the only thing I've ever actually typed into the bar) which I regularly end up viewing. For example, all I've ever typed in is cbsnews.com, but in my address bar dropdown is the address for the Sci-Tech section, which I regularly click on once I'm on the cbsnews.com homepage (I have no idea how to type in a URL to get straight to the Sci-Tech section).

Very strange, I guess, but now I can manage it.

Comment

Great tip, Wyz. Thanks.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                            [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                            Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Yes, thanks. It's always annoying when the URL's that you type wrong stay in the browser history.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X