Dual GPU GFX Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual GPU GFX Cards

Alright, there are people in this community with serious $$$$, so whoever tries this card out first post here "how things go for you".

I wonder what problems they're actually having running two of these cards in SLI mode.

"Important Note: SLI support for the e-GeForce 7950 GX2 will be provided through a future NVIDIA ForceWare driver release, and will only be available initially through authorized system builders."

Hmmm...

It just seems like the gulf between the "haves" and the "have-nots" is going to widen substantially very soon with the latest dual core CPUs, dual GPU GFX cards running SLI, and the possibility of Ageia's PPU finding a niche (or not).

And I'm still using AGP... :(

Re: Dual GPU GFX Cards

Originally posted by Coridon
    It just seems like the gulf between the "haves" and the "have-nots" is going to widen substantially very soon with the latest dual core CPUs, dual GPU GFX cards running SLI, and the possibility of Ageia's PPU finding a niche (or not).
    One single 6800Ultra set you back substantially more than the 7950GX2 at initial release 22 months ago.

7900GTs & X1800XTs cost under $300 right now. A 7950GX2 SLi setup costs four times that but only doubles performance at normal resolutions. Intel's new dual core Conroe & current dual CPUs are very reasonably priced.

This is a golden age for PC performance on a budget.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
      This is a golden age for PC performance on a budget.
      I completely agree with you, and I guess this is an age old dilemma that I'm just now seriously pondering. There are people playing BF2 on $400 systems and people playing on $2,500 systems. Though you get a lot more bang for your buck with a $2,500 system (heck, back in 1997 I paid that much for a pentium 166 Mhz tower!!), I just wonder how game developers are able to continue to cater to both groups of consumers simultaneously. It just seems that it's going to be more and more difficult, but it's something they have to do in order to have a broad appeal and not just a small niche in the market. I just wonder how developers are going to create games that can be played on a $400 system and also on one with a dual core CPU, 4 GPUs and possibly a PPU. It just seems precarious because if developers focus on the higher end systems they may not get a sufficient return on investment to stay in business. For some odd reason seeing this card just gave me a panic attack and Chicken Little Syndrome...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon
        I just wonder how game developers are able to continue to cater to both groups of consumers simultaneously.
        The same way they're doing it now, with different levels of graphics details. Folks with high end machines get to see the eye candy. Folks with older machines don't.

If anything, devs are getting better at optimizing their games so that they're able to be played on a wider range of machines!
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X