X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista beta 2 is out for the public

http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=2759

Downloading now.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Vista beta 2 is our for the public

Interested in seeing how it works out.
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I don't have a dvd burner, so its a no go for me to download and install.

Comment

i keep timing out....im going to wait for this to go torrent or wait until late at night
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

^^^^No luck here either. I am just going to wait for now. I already have my beta key.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

what key?....im not going to need a key for this am i?
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Is all of your software gonna be compatible? And what happens when Vista comes out? Will your beta version still work, or will you be required to buy it?

Comment

OK, this is going to annoy me, I really want to try this out....hmm any ideas ? Since its probably only burnable in dvd format, anyway to convert to cd's, I know I could break the iso up, but wouldn't be able to install...

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                  OK, this is going to annoy me, I really want to try this out....hmm any ideas ? Since its probably only burnable in dvd format, anyway to convert to cd's, I know I could break the iso up, but wouldn't be able to install...
                  I have absolutely no idea... but, you could get a friend who has a dvd-rw drive to do it for you; put the file onto an mp3 player, then take it to a college or public library that has computer's w/ dvd-rw drives; or you could spend 60 bucks and get an external one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT
                    Is all of your software gonna be compatible?
                    Probably not. They have been having particular issues with drivers (no surprise there).

And what happens when Vista comes out? Will your beta version still work, or will you be required to buy it?
                    When the Beta runs its course, you will be required to purchase one of the 7 or so different versions.

Comment

I'm tempted to try it out but I need to be sure Battlefield 2 will run on it. I've been wanting to take advantage of the x64 part of my processor.
                      sigpic

Comment

^^^^It is somewhat alright for day to day use. (Internet and such) But gaming preformance is slightly less then XP/alot worse at times depending on the game in question.

I personally won't except to game on it/upgrade my current XP install until beta is released by RC. (Release Candidate)

Beta expires in a year.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I WAS going to put it on a partition on my HDD but the download died after about 4 GB. I'll probably try again sometime after the initial fervor has subsided but it was disheartening to say the least.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think I am just gonna bite the bullet and pay the 6 dollars.

Atleast I will get it sooner and in addition I also get a DVD copy of RC1 when it is released.

Edit: Just ordered it. Now that I think about it ome more this should be free really. I am helping "them" out after all.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/preview.mspx
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X