Headset help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset help

Well, the mic on my headset kicked the bucket last night. It was a no-name brand 5.1 ch surround sound headset that offered great sound, but it was built very shoddy. Now I'm looking for something a little more reliable. I've found through some research that Sennheiser is a pretty respected company when it comes to audio equipment in general. I found a decent buy on one of their headsets on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106346

I'm trying to keep the price under $50. Anyone have any other recommendations?
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Headset help

I don't know how good Sennheiser headsets are but there headphones sound great. I own 2 pairs of Sennheiser headphones. I'd say go with the ones you posted.

Comment

I have that exact headset. It's fine for gaming.

Comment

I have These and they have served me well for over a year with no problems whatsoever, Very comfortable, mic is crystal clear and they sound great.

Comment

I've got a pair of Altec Lansings that I've had for over 5mos w/no probs whatsoever. If you've got a Best Buy around (I'd be surprised if you didn't) I'd recommend something like this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134699671497
          |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
          [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Clawhammer, do you have any problems hearing directional sound with the studio headset? I work at a radio station and ours (Shure brand) don't seem to respond well to surround-sound effects.

Comment

An update, I think I found a fix for my problem. Found it in another thread actually-

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/517074-post55.html

Very handy, I had no idea these even existed.

Comment

The Sennheiser PC150 is a fine headset, I have the one that is a step up the PC160. Very durable.
                XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I haven't had a problems w/surround on this headset. So far it seems to work fine for me.
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

*bump*

Evo, what mic did you decide to get? How is it working for you? I think my mic just went out today and I've tried drivers, rebooting etc. Still nothing. Now I'm looking to replace.
                    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I'd love a wireless stereo headset with mic and "bud" earpieces. I hate getting up from my chair fast to answer the door or deal with something in the kitchen and almost get my ears torn off when I reach the end of the cord. :p
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X