having trouble finding motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having trouble finding motherboard

Well I saw that thread on the 2.66 ghz pentium D overclocking like a madman and I think thats going to be my next computer purchase.

The only problem is I am looking for a decent mobo that is SLI capable, socket 775, and has 4x DDR-1 memory slots. I can't seem to find one anywhere. They are either DDR-2, or micro-atx, or non-SLI, ect. Since I just blew about $100 on DDR-1 memory, and dont have the extra $ to buy new DDR-2, Does anyone know of a mobo or a place to buy one that fits my needs?
    Thanks

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Re: having trouble finding motherboard

Does Intel still use DDR-1 on the newer chipsets? It seems to be a technology that's being phased out and I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any socket 775 mobos that use DDR-1. You'll have to switch to DDR-2.

You may want to consider selling the RAM you just bought so you can put the money towards DDR-2 when you upgrade. As time goes on, DDR-1 is going to be less useful and less valuable so it'll be harder to resell.

I did find this motherboard but it seems to support 2GB of RAM over 4 slots. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for and I doubt it's a worthy board for overclocking.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks for the info I may do just that

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

If I remeber correctly a few 915 chipsets took DDR1 & or DDR2. I forget which company made it though. I'll look after Fathers day dinner.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by troublesome4u
          If I remeber correctly a few 915 chipsets took DDR1 & or DDR2. I forget which company made it though. I'll look after Fathers day dinner.
          I saw another board like that. It was 4 slots, 2 for DDR1 and 2 for DDR2. Only one type of memory could be used at once.

Were there any other requirements like PCI-e or AGP? All the boards I've noticed were AGP and that's not going to be a great platform to build on for the future.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Heres one I found. I'm sure there's more out there. ECS makes one. Maybe abit, asus, foxcon, or dfi make one.

Gigabyte GA-8GPNXP
            http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1710810,00.asp

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse