YES my Vista Beta 2 DVD has arrived.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES my Vista Beta 2 DVD has arrived.

Installing now. (x64) Will post a detailed review in a few days.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: YES my Vista Beta 2 DVD has arrived.

Call me impressed. I like what I see. Only bad thing so far is that I have no sound and Vista is such a RAM hog I am using over 1GB of RAM so far. (Total of 1.5GB.)

That system raiting is prettying tough. I have a 2. The RAM and the HDD are killing my score.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

I am getting so mad. I am loving Windows Vista but I can't stand using it at the same time. This has nothing to do with Microsoft either.

I can't stand Creative at this point. Their drivers suck so bad. Yesterday my Zen Vision M broke on me. No biggie I have other Mp3 players around that I can use. I updated my Zen Touch and it got rocked by the buggy firmware update software. Two Mp3 players down in one day. (Too scared to look for my Zen Micro and Muvo.) The part that bothers me the most is of all the major PC hardware companies the only one without Beta 2 drivers is Creative.

Beta 1 drivers crashed on me and because they crashed I can't install the old XP drivers and see if they work. On top of that none of the drivers from Creative are certified so they won't work on the x64 version. Creative should consider it self lucky it has no competition in the sound card market and it makes very good Mp3 players.

Back to XP I go.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I installed my normal audio drivers and they were a sucess, and I downloaded the 32bit nvidia drivers for vista beta 2 they worked as well, only 2 drivers I installed on vista so far. I couldn't get my chipset to install though. Its really a bulky OS atm. Looks really cool, but "the top 20 things you won't like about vista" Alot of those things ARE bothering me about vista, I hope some stuff is reverted back to regular windows style.

Comment

^^^^Only thing that has bothered me was account thing and I already took care of that.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

So far so good...but I can't get my mic to work inBF2!!!!

Any ideas?? It works just fine in XP!! Everything else works...no mic!! hahhhhaaaaaaahh

Chappie

Comment

I couldn't even get it to boot. Going to try a re-install, but it just didn't like my machine. I was using the 64 bit version of Vista.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

^^Try 32bit.

Chappie what is your sound device?
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

When I start it up and it goes to the same loading screen, I swear it loads for 10mins + before it boots into windows. I like the windows transitions and what not, of course I usually disable alot of that to increase performance. Basically just a novelty right now for me.

Comment

I wonder how good RC1 will be? Should be good enough to use as a day to day OS. Beta 2 is aswell just depends on how lucky you get.

Gah the new Vista bootloader doesn't recognize my Ubuntu OS. I guess I will just delete it for now and install Vista 32bit now.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                      ^^Try 32bit.

Chappie what is your sound device?
                      Hey CUstom,

I'm running onboard sound...Realtek AC'97 audio on my ASUS motherboard. According to ASUS's website it's an ALC850 with 8 channels.

I thought I had the correct driver, but now Vista is telling me that the driver I have installed is not made for Vista!! LOL Gonna do some more research.

thanks,

Chappie

Comment

I also use onboard audio chappie, realtek ac'97 to. Of course I'm on a abit IS7 though, but the sound driver worked fine for me.

Comment

Hey I just remembered my mobo has onboard sound. Let's see what I can find.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                            I also use onboard audio chappie, realtek ac'97 to. Of course I'm on a abit IS7 though, but the sound driver worked fine for me.
                            Hey guys,

My sound is good now...bit I can't get the mic to work in BF2....It works just fine in XP .

Another weird thing...In the audio option in Vista everything shows up like it should...and the mic works then. It just doesn't work when I'm playing BF2 from the Vista OS...hmmm...

no real biggie..just one of those things that bothers me!! LOL ;)

Chappie

Comment

Just got my copy today. Going to install it, and see how it goes. Might even review it. :row__577:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X