Apple Vs PC commercials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Vs PC commercials

I'm sure you have all seen those commercials where they compare a Mac to the PC, and they always seem to make the PC look like inferior hardware/software. But they never compare them in a way that's actually truthful. I don't know how many times i have plugged something into a mac and it dint like it, or i dint have enough power for my USB stick. But i plug that beast into a PC and she works no problem. Not according to those commercials. I haven't found a mac yet that worked without of finagling.

Any one else turn the channel when those come on? Yes macs are nice machines but until it can completely replace my PC, for the same price i will stay PC
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Apple Vs PC commercials

I personally can not stand those commercials. Once Macs start getting anywhere near the amount of software made for them or the hardware to make the software work then I might consider one.
    |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

I use both Macs and PCs for work and personal. Regardless of your preferences in hardware, those commercials SUCK.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

I wanna see Microsoft put some of the same commercials out. With all their software and hardware, i would laugh so hard.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I haven't seen the commericals, but commercials are just that: they tell you one side of the story. I personally use mac's all the time and am typing on one right now. Not one problem with this baby, but plenty of problems with my WinXP.

Comment

I think they're pretty clever, and they definitely do their job painting Macs in a 'cool' light, but yeah they're not accurate. My friend aptly pointed out that 'Macs are just computers for kids'. I have a lot of friends that are creative professionals, but it seems to me that macs have one way of doing things (the 'Mac Way') and if that's not your way, you're SOL.

I can barely use iTunes to transfer songs to my iPod without wanting to strangle someone.
            Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
              I can barely use iTunes to transfer songs to my iPod without wanting to strangle someone.
              I know how you feel. They do get picky in recigonizing my iPod when I plug it in when iTunes is open, but its just a simple quit and re-open.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                I'm sure you have all seen those commercials where they compare a Mac to the PC, and they always seem to make the PC look like inferior hardware/software. But they never compare them in a way that's actually truthful. I don't know how many times i have plugged something into a mac and it dint like it, or i dint have enough power for my USB stick. But i plug that beast into a PC and she works no problem. Not according to those commercials. I haven't found a mac yet that worked without of finagling.

Any one else turn the channel when those come on? Yes macs are nice machines but until it can completely replace my PC, for the same price i will stay PC
                I hate them too. I forgot which one it was that really got me mad. I think it was on during the USA vs Italy match during half time. (I watch them on spanish TV but I go to ESPN for half time.)

I forgot to post about this but Maximum PC has a showdown. OSX vs XP using bootcamp.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

There was a time when MacOs made windows look silly. I thinking back to the late eighties and early nineties.

This was before the network and Microsoft had 10 versions to get it right.

Every thing was better on the Mac. Filemaker DB was much easier to use than Fox Pro and Access. All of Adobe's software worked on the Mac like it was supposed to. PC Adobe software seemed like a bad port, because it was.

Even development tools ruled on the Mac. Code warrior made every other development tool/IDE, even emacs on UNIX, Visual whatever and the Borland tools, seem primitive.

But now Apple seems to be "form over substance". (I would say in the past that the form was there to support the substance and make it easy to use. Now.... Just sad.)

I think the problem Apple ran into is it never embraced the "boring stuff". You know, networking, databases, message queuing, development platforms/environments. There where great backend systems developed by third parties that could have made the Apple platform the dominate player in the sub 200 million type company because they where powerful and relatively easy to use. This would have forced the larger IT entities to address some of the ideals of Apple. Thus all of our lives would be better.

But Apple had to get the pretty girl syndrome.

People criticize Microsoft for buying out good products and integrating them but that is what made Microsoft what it is. Apple could have done this but I guess they did not want to get their hands dirty with that kind of thing.

Now all they have is commercials and an elitist attitude.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Imagine this commercial...
                    A large white room with 2 computers sitting about 20 feet apart, the room would have 2 lightsiwtch cords dangling from the ceiling (like a ceiling fan switch) One computer would be a mac and once would be a PC. A (cool) guy would walk in to the and press the power button for the PC then he would turn the mac on. Next he would pull the cord for the MAC. Software titles would come pouring down from apparently nowhere (from above) all over the mac, and then he would pull the cord for the PC. The software titles for the PC would begin to pour down, and then the Mac's titles would stop (assuming that the mac has less titles). Before the PC boots up and the windows startup noise would sound the MAC's titles would stop. The remainer of the commercial would just be tons and tons of software titles creating a hill over the PC, the end of the commercial would be something like: "What a selection."

Comment

Now here is the best apple commercial:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4Bp...apple%20switch

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
                        Thats why I use winamp and the ipod plugin. 100x times easier. I tried using Itunes once..i lost all my songs on my ipod and harddrive

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul
                          Thats why I use winamp and the ipod plugin. 100x times easier. I tried using Itunes once..i lost all my songs on my ipod and harddrive
                          Yeah I used Ephpod forever, but when I reformatted my hard drive I forgot to back up my playlists, so I ended up importing my 15 music folders into iTunes. It was easier than re-creating over 1000 playlists, but still a pain in the arse.
                          Beatnik

Comment

Mac OS X runs much better though than Win XP. More stable and less errors. I don't know why you would want to run win xp on an apple computer, plain stupid if you ask me. Even apple is encouraging it to sell their computers so you can run Win XP on them. Finally apple is using intel processors for their computers. There are too many requirements to run Win XP vs. Mac OS X. Win XP is too much a system hog.
                            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

^^^^In a way it is basically admitting defeat. Also XP isn't much of a system hog hell the Macbook Pro runs XP better then it does OSX. XP won all of the Maximum PC benchmarks. The closest comparision was Doom 3 (x86 version) with about an 8 percent difference in preformace.
                              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X