Yes, another custom PC thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, another custom PC thread

Well, I see 2 others out there now, and it seems I just want to see what you guys think of it before I buy it and if there is anything that might cause problems.

All of that for: $1,225.91

I already have Mouse/Keyboard and Monitor:
    Sony SXRD 60 inch HDTV

Thoughts and comments appreciated :).

Re: Yes, another custom PC thread

In slightly over four weeks the cost of the 3800+ is widely expected to fall by about 50% of it's current price. Plus Intel's Conroe ships. If you can wait, you should build in August or so...if not, then your build looks good!
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I will probably be ordering it as a birthday present for myself so thats great news!

Comment

I did a new build last year for my birthday too !! I read up quite a bit on all components and ended up selling myself on the Western Digital 10000 RPM 74 Gb Raptor. It was pricey but I don't regret it.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hmm, I might have to look at that one. I already have a media computer, so I don't expect to be putting a bunch of stuff on this machine besides games and everything you need for games.

Comment

Hey everything looks good except for the PSU. I would go for a PSU with at least 22-24A @12V rail.
            Does that mobo support sata 3.0gb/s? If so I would go for a 3.0gb/s HD.
            Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Rocket - the PSU he linked to has two 12V rails. One is 17A, the other 19A.
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Amazon has the x-fi music edition for $87 after rebate if you want the latest sound card for roughly the same price as the audigy2.

Comment

I'm a little confused on the voltage front of the equation (I know 500w is recomended these days), but all the rails and stuff :(. Thanks for the heads up FriedFish.

Comment

Learn more than you ever wanted to know about power supplies:

http://jonnyguru.com/psu.html

Comment

I built the SAME EXACT MB, CPU, RAM comfiguration and I must tell you this.

This MB does not support Corsair VALUE SELECT in DUAL CHANNEL MODE.

I had the Value Select Memory in there and I kept having problems ....I looked deeper into the MB manual and found that it does not support Value Select in Channels AB or BC.

I had to get the XMS memory and everything is fine.

If you get a chance ... look at the MB manual online ......

EDIT: look at the chart on page 1-14 - ftp://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/s...2138_a8n5x.pdf
                      |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                      [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

That helps to know :). Thanks for both of the links. How does your system run BF2 Gixxer? (how many seconds before game start do you get on the TG servers)

Comment

Right now I am using a ASRock MB due to a BIOS problem with the A8N5X also due to that I just bought a SATA drive that is 3.0GB/s .... I got a new MB to support the 3.0 GB/s due to the fact that the a8n5x only supports 1.5 GB/s

You will be PLENTY fast once you get the system together and with that graphics card you should be running VERY smooth !
                          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                          [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Good, because I have an X300 now and I'm hoping to put this onto the HDTV.

Wait, so the PSU is fine?

Comment

PSU is fine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X