Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Laptop explodes at conference

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32550

Interesting article about a Dell laptop exploding during a conference in Japan. There are a couple of good pictures too, thank god it wasn't sitting on my lap!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Dell Laptop explodes at conference

lol, I was just reading that same article someplace. Wonder what they were doing to make it overheat that bad.....

Comment

Whoa! I thought my laptop was hot!!! Hope the guy kicked in the extra $150 or whatever it is now for a warranty on his Dell. :)

Comment

I did a little Googling, and apparently there are a ton of cases of various laptops exploding. The problem has been noted with both Mac and Dell laptops in particular, or at least based on the results of my Google search.

One teenage girl suffered severe burns when her Dell exploded in her lap.

In another case, a guy had his Mac sitting in his living room and stepped away, when he came back in the room the thing was on fire and could have burned down his house.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I read a Slashdot comment claiming that the liability of these ovens sitting in folks' literal laps is the very reason why the industry began using the term "notebook" instead, citing as unadvised the practice of using the machines in your lap (or any other soft surface which might cause airflow to become interrupted).

I've no idea if that's true, but it sounds reasonable enough to me.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I wonder if the heat has every caught somebody's pants on fire.

Comment

Another Slashdot comment which made me laugh:

I guess it was running Windows XPlode.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

ROFL :D

EDIT: Did you do something to prevent people typing in all CAPS?

Comment

wah ha ha ha!

"frag out!"
                  Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Maybe the thing was previously owned by Richard Reid...

Comment

That's not good. From here on out, Roach needs to bring a fire extinguisher whenever he comes over w/his xps lol
                      |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                      [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Damn! O_O
                        I suppose it would be the battery that would do that. I can't think of anything else... but I'm no laptop guru.
                        Scary.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse