Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Software Compatibility List

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.ph...atibility_List

that wiki page has a huge list of programs what are compatible with the latest build of vista.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Vista Software Compatibility List

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
    http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.ph...atibility_List

that wiki page has a huge list of programs what are compatible with the latest build of vista.
    Oh boy, Windows Vista I am so excited, not.
    XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

I'll wait for it a year after it comes out, so Microsoft irons out all the bugs. By then I'll be due for a new computer.

Comment

So you're saying XP has all the bugs out?

Commercial OS suppliers don't fix bugs. They just roll out a new version (for a price) with new bugs.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I'm running Vista (5384) daily...there are some real bugs, some unfinished things....but I can't say that Redmond isn't trying to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
            I'll say it. Windows XP Pro has no bugs that I care about. The only reason I'll upgrade from this OS is if the features are worth it.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey

Commercial OS suppliers don't fix bugs. They just roll out a new version (for a price) with new bugs.
              XP still has bugs, but bugs I don't care about either. Its a smart move by Microsoft, because I've heard that Vista is not very backwards compatible. They need to eliminate those who are still running Win 98 & Me.

Comment

So how many years, would you say thats left on XP, before becoming obsolete? 4 or 5 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                  So how many years, would you say thats left on XP, before becoming obsolete? 4 or 5 maybe?
                  Less. I think Microsoft will do what they did with XP: slowly roll out vital "additions" (.Net, Direct X, anyone?), but since Vista is full of places where they offer an opportunity to buy a software/service, it would be very easy to say: sorry, DX10 (or something else....) is Vista only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo
                    Less. I think Microsoft will do what they did with XP: slowly roll out vital "additions" (.Net, Direct X, anyone?), but since Vista is full of places where they offer an opportunity to buy a software/service, it would be very easy to say: sorry, DX10 (or something else....) is Vista only.

I Agree with that one.

Comment

I work with Firewire and MS has already closed off any fixes to that stack on XP, so I've switched to a 3rd party stack to get reliable operation.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X