Help with startup please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with startup please

I bought a new CD/DVD drive for my Windows 2000 system and installed the InCD 4 and Nero Media Player software, and rebooted.

As the system came up, most of the program icons in the LOWER RIGHT HAND corner of the monitor, on the task bar, now do not appear.

I have checked C:\documents and settings\allusers\Start Menu\Programs\Ö against a backup copy and everything seems to be there.

1. Specifically, what causes the small program icons to appear in the Lower RIGHT hand corner of the monitor on the taskbar. I assume there in a specific folder on the system.

2. If itís a registry issue, is there a way to compare the current registry with the backup to find out what the problem is.

Thanks...

Re: Help with startup please

The program icons appear as a quick way to access some programs (anti virus, sound settings....), or monitoring programs. Check your startup items, because all of those will be triggered on startup. If they appear on the startup list, but not there, check your Control Pannel for an option about hiding the taskbar.

Comment

The task bar is NOT hidden, SOME of the program icons started when you log in are just NOT displayed. I have checked the programs listed in C:\documents and settings\allusers\Start Menu\Programs against a backup copy and they are all there.

Does the registry have anything to do with this. I'm wondering if the registry could have been corrupted during the install and might have caused this problem.

I have never really understood how the task bar worked anyway...

Comment

start > run type msconfig. A new popup will come up and go the far last tab on the top you can pic from. look at it and see what programs are supposed to start when you start your PC
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

All of the startup programs are based off of the registry.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X