X-Fi issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Fi issues

Ok, I just got An X-fi card from creative, and BF2 is telling me that my hardware is not compatible? Anyone know of this issue, and what to do about it?
    |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Re: X-Fi issues

Need more info. Which X-Fi, System specs, any specific error, and at which stage the error shows up.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah, yes, X-fi Fata1ity, AMD 64 3800, 2GB ram, Gigabyte motherboard, ATI X1600 512. The error message comes up when I change the Audio settings in bf2. Though, since my post I think I fixed it. It didn't like my headphones....sad
      |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

Didn't like your heaphones? USB?

I have that card too, BTW.
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, usb
          |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

I am not sure know with certainty that other BF2 players are using USB, but I know I didn't buy a USB mic recently because I had read they could be problematic with BF2 because BF2 only accepts sound input from Mic1..
            sigpic

Comment

Just a note, its pointless to have a USB head set and the Xfi. The USB headset has all the decoding and encoding stuff for audio in the head set, doenst even use the Xfi. So by useing the Headset BF2 wont recongize the sound card
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                Just a note, its pointless to have a USB head set and the Xfi. The USB headset has all the decoding and encoding stuff for audio in the head set, doenst even use the Xfi. So by useing the Headset BF2 wont recongize the sound card
                .. And there you have it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]

I have the FATAL1TY as well and works perfectly in BF2 ... the FATAL1TY also has extra RAM that , right now, only BF2 uses to create sounds that other sound cards can not render ..

^^^ What Trooper said ..... no USB head phones .....
                  |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                  [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Though it seems that the USB is the problem here, there's something else of note concerning X-Fi cards. In order to choose the advanced sound settings in the game, you have to make sure you're in the gaming mode on the Creative sounds options. I had compatibility issues until I realized I was on movie/music mode.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

With the xfi fatality, does any experience probs while bf2 is loading the sounds bar? Ie sounds 20% mine crackles and hisses, but is fine after it has loaded that part up.

Just curious

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by Rock
                        With the xfi fatality, does any experience probs while bf2 is loading the sounds bar? Ie sounds 20% mine crackles and hisses, but is fine after it has loaded that part up.

Just curious
                        There is a beta driver dated 30 May 06 that deals with many problems. The details are here http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=34&y=14

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by troublesome4u
                          There is a beta driver dated 30 May 06 that deals with many problems. The details are here http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=34&y=14
                          Cool, cheers buddy

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...