X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drizzid
    started a topic Need some help from TG tech guys

Need some help from TG tech guys

Hey guys I could use a bit of help. I have been asked/hired to build a PC for a coworker and haven't been given much time to do it. Now I have built systems before so I am not worried about that but what I have issues with is configuring the components. I usually stick with AMD but I plan to use the Intel 805D chip for this one since it is so cheap. This build has a $900 budget and that includes trying to fit in a 19" LCD monitor. This monitor will have to be around $200 range give or take a few bucks. This will be an everyday family computer not really a gamer and won't require a sound card as onboard sound will do fine. So if anyone can post links and prices to the following that would be a great help and if anyone has any advice on components I am all ears

CPU: Intel 805D $106.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116001

I need:
    Case
    Mobo
    Ram 1gig 2 sticks 512 mhz pc 3200
    Video card
    CD/DVD rom and Burner

Thanks for all the help.

• Drizzid
    replied
    Re: Need some help from TG tech guys

Well guys I have just completed the build. No problems with that it came together very nicely. The case I could do with out though but you live and learn. Everything else is good. I ran the 3dmark 05 and with no OCing of any kind it scored a 6036. Not bad considering. Again I would like to thank everyone for their help and advice.

3500+athlon 64 939 socket
    Asus a8n5x
    Saphire Radeon x850xt
    Kingston Hyper x 2x512
    Aspire X-Infinity case
    Acer 19" widescreen lcd monitor

$909.08

Not bad

<---------1500 post I need to get a life

Leave a comment:

• icky
    replied

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
    This 19" LCD is just under $200, has great reviews and Acer LCDs have a 3 year warranty. The specs are plenty good, even if it was to be used for gaming in the future. Looks like with the sale it also has free 3 day shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009073

You'd need to order it today though to get that price since it's a one day sale.
    ARRRRRRRGGGGG!!! I just bought this monitor and unpacked it only to find that it is VGA-only. I have heard a few times about how DVI is much better than VGA. Should I pack it up and go back to the store?

Leave a comment:

• RocketPunch
    replied

A64 3500 is pretty good especially at that price, with extra cooling it also OC very well.

Leave a comment:

• Drizzid
    replied

Well I just ordered all the stuff and I hope to have it all by this Friday. Everything came out to just over $900.00. I'm happy I decided to go with the 939 socket. If I get a chance to run some 3dmark times I will post them and let you all know how it came out. Thanks to all who helped with links and advice much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Nikolas
    replied

Two sticks are better than one, since you can use dual channel.

Leave a comment:

• =Sarc=
    replied

I'm using that RAM now, except the 2 x 256MB version. It's been reliable for me. It's a good choice for a regular non-gaming PC.

Leave a comment:

• Drizzid
    replied

Ok seems that everyone is telling me to go to the 939 socket. I can get the 939 socket 3500+ for the same price and I can go with this motherboard.

ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131569

Which is even cheaper that the one I thought and can no go with some Kingstn HyperX 184 pin memory which is cheaper the the memory I was originally going to use.

Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144114

I think that would be better, what do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• =Sarc=
    replied

Originally posted by Drizzid
    No reason really, I struggled to find a Mobo that would work. If you have any better options I am certainly willing to listen. Especially if you can find one that will use pc 3200 184 pin instead of the DDR2 240 pin. I found some better memory at a better price with the 184 pin. The other boards I found didn't get real good reviews and has stability issues and I don't want that. So if you can link me to a better option please do. Thanks
    You'd have to find a S939 board instead of AM2 to use DDR1. The reason to switch to AM2 is to use DDR2 memory and unify all the processors into one socket. If the computer won't be upgraded for a really long time (+2 years), you could probably build a S939 system with DDR1 memory that'll get just as good performance.

Leave a comment:

• Drizzid
    replied

Originally posted by sordavie
    Is there a reason for the micro-atx motherboard rather than a regular atx one? You picked out a case which will fit the atx size.

No reason really, I struggled to find a Mobo that would work. If you have any better options I am certainly willing to listen. Especially if you can find one that will use pc 3200 184 pin instead of the DDR2 240 pin. I found some better memory at a better price with the 184 pin. The other boards I found didn't get real good reviews and has stability issues and I don't want that. So if you can link me to a better option please do. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sordavie
    replied

Originally posted by Drizzid

MOBO: Gigabyte M51GM-S2G GeForce 6100 + nForce 430 Athlon 64(FX)(X2) SktAM2 DDR2 $87.49

Is there a reason for the micro-atx motherboard rather than a regular atx one? You picked out a case which will fit the atx size.

Leave a comment:

• Nikolas
    replied

Wow. That's a lot of computer for the money. Nice build.

Leave a comment:

• icky
    replied

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
    This 19" LCD is just under $200, has great reviews and Acer LCDs have a 3 year warranty. The specs are plenty good, even if it was to be used for gaming in the future. Looks like with the sale it also has free 3 day shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009073

You'd need to order it today though to get that price since it's a one day sale.
    Oh man, this is starting to hurt. How can I NOT buy an LCD monitor? :)

Any idea at all how this compares to the AL1916W? I can get the AL1916W nice and cheap at a local store, but not the one you linked.

Leave a comment:

• Drizzid
    replied

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
    looks good - only thing I'd suggest is a DVD burner... it's not much more and is a LOT more useful :)

I had one in there but I took it out. I will ask him if he wants one put in it and go from there. I can get one for about $40.00 but it is up to him if he wants it.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

looks good - only thing I'd suggest is a DVD burner... it's not much more and is a LOT more useful :)

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X