Logitech MX 518?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech MX 518?

I took a look at this mouse at a local pc place and really like the idea of having a few more buttons. There are 2 for your thumb (right hand), one on the top besides the left and right standard clickers and then one in front of and one behind the mouse wheel. Is anyone using one of these? If so does it work out ok? Thanks

Re: Logitech MX 518?

The button above and below the scroll wheel will do one of two things. It will either select the next weapon or, if you have the driver set accordingly, will increase+ decrease- the DPI sensitivity for the mouse while gaming. Oh and the button below the scroll button is to switch between programs on the desktop. I don't think it does anything in-game.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I have a logitech mx510 which has the same number of buttons but doesn't have on the fly dpi selection. I use Logigamer to remap the extra buttons, including the buttons above and below the mouse wheel, to useful keyboard functions in game. However, since the mx510 doesn't have on the fly dpi switching, I'm not sure you'll be able to remap those mouse wheel buttons properly on an mx518. I use the side buttons alot and the top button I usually use for bringing up the ingame map. I usually map the little buttons above and below the mouse wheel to Teamspeak talk button and in-game talk button.

http://www.logigamer.com/

I use logigamer lite to automatically load up the correct profile for each game since each game will have different keyboard binds to the different buttons.

EDIT: actually since you've got a Setpoint mouse, mx510 is a mouseware mouse, you might want to use uberoption.

http://www.logigamer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=142

Comment

Hey backlash - it sucks rotten eggs.. don't buy it.. you'll never be able to shoot me.. err'.. anyone with it.. it sucks.. terrible.. blah... yuk..

Ohhh. OK.. it's good.. OK.. better than just good. An entry level serious gaming mouse that can hold it's own. I am using one right now at the office - it is my alternative to the MX1000 when it's batteries die or I am doing quick projects in AutoCAD. It was orignally my gaming mouse and it was only replaced by the Logitech G7 a few months ago. There are still 518's in the catalog, but it all but replaced by the G5.. but you will appreciate either one.

In game - I use the resoultion toggles and then map two - three of the buttons to comms.. one for TS, one for Squad, and one for CO if I am an SL. I am using a Zboard Fang for everything else.. so I need need to use the mouse for weapon switches or functions.. make sense?
        sigpic

Comment

I don't use any of the advanced features. I didn't (though I may) install the software or drivers. Without any of that, the DPI toggle functions, though with limitations (more toggles are available with the drivers, as I understand).

I've only had the MX518 for about a month now, and I realize I haven't geeked it up yet (keyboard mapping, etc), but it's a great, solid mouse.

I'm thoroughly satisfied with the MX518. I recommend it.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X