Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more question for you (Nvidia Chipset Driver help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more question for you (Nvidia Chipset Driver help)

This problem is when I download the Nvidia chipset drivers for my motherboard from http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce3_winxp_5.11 - I extract the files to the default folder (C:\Nvidia....) - The setup window opens and says it is "Preparing the InstallShield wizard, where it will guide you through the..."

When the scrollbar gets to the end the install closes and no options to install any drivers of any kind shows up. It's almost like a pop-up stopper effect where the driver installation window is not shown.

Is there a solution to this or if not - an alternative way to install the drivers seperately without the need of the setup? My drivers are that of the CD installation, and Gigabytes site has better drivers' that once again, i cant install.

If you cant read my spec's in the sig:

AMD64 3200+ 939 (2.0Ghz Stock)
    Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra 939 (nForce 3 Ultra)
    GeForce 6800 AGP
    SoundBlaster X-Fi Platnium
    1GB GeiL DDR400

Sorry to be bugging everyone with my problems.
    Oyee

Re: One more question for you (Nvidia Chipset Driver help)

Right click on the my computer goto properties. Hardware tab, device manager. Once inside the device manager double click on the corresponding device and update or install the driver. Yellow question marks mean it needs a driver. link the device to the folder with drivers in it.

Someone may have a better way to do it like getting your setup.exe file to work, but manualy is just as easy. :)

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

The problem is in the device manager the i've got no yellow marks, im just trying to update to try and fix a different problem im having.

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends crashes my computer about 30 mins into any game, paused/playing (Playing with settings on high/low) "Its like a timer almost"
      Oyee

Comment

Is that related to your other thread? You dont need it to have yellow question marks, that just means theres no driver. When you double click on the device you will see an option to update the driver. Windows will ask to do it automaticly but just say no i'll do it myself. link the device to the folder with the setup.exe in it but to the driver.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Windows wont allow it (Blah)

Its either, Windows couldnt find a better match for your hardware than the software currently installed
          Or
          Cannot install this hardware An Error occured (Access is Denied)

Thats probably my problem huh?
          Oyee

Comment

There are allot of devices listed. You will have to go through a bunch of them. In the device manager on the device you selected, driver tab, see if the driver provider is nvidia before you replace it with a nvidia driver. some will be microsoft. Do you have teamspeak?

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I dont have teakspeak, but i'll get it and connect to the TG server.

Thanks for the help.
              Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...