No announcement yet.

I Found my problem!!! (Rise of Legends)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Found my problem!!! (Rise of Legends)

Okay, some of you know that i got Rise of Legends (Great game! Must have) but I've been having a few problems with it.

Well, after hours of searching, this is what i concluded:

It doesn't like my sound card (X-fi Platinum) so, i guess I'm SOL until one of the two updates for a fix (I highly doubt it'll be Creative too).

Google yielded this:

Sound Card Issues
    • Systems with Creative SoSound-BlasteruAudigyeries cards might experience a
    crash. Updating your drivers might resolve this.
    • Some Creative sosound-cardsse a feature called CMCMSS. This feature is on by
    default, and might cause the sound in game to perform at a lower quality. This
    can be disabled in the Creative Console software.
    • You might experience a reduction in audio quality if you run Rise of Legends
    with hardware acceleration disabled.

:(

Anyone got any good ideas to remedy this for now?

p.s. Every other game works flawlessly.
    Oyee

Re: I Found my problem!!! (Rise of Legends)

Does the game have a new patch for it?

I will purchase the game this week.

You mean Creative's CMSS-3DSurround. This is up for up-mixing. Just double click on the creatives volume panell on the taskbar while in Game Mode. First blue tab on top left.

You do have hardware acceleration enabled just by having the x-fi and setting the game to high on audio.
    Last edited by troublesome4u; 07-10-2006, 12:44 AM.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Its not just the CMSS that create's problems, its the drivers, any game (Now including BF2) will crash with high use of the Sound card. CS:S works fine because it isnt as dependent on sound as the other two games are...

And yes, even with the newest RoL patch it crashes within 30min-1hr of gameing, BF2 (With settings on high/X-Fi) crashes almost instantly now.

And by crash i mean the whole PC, i'm in a email battle with Creative right now on this problem, but since i bought my Card last month (Past 30 days) i donno if i'm legible for help.
      Oyee

Comment

Black Viper. I want you to try this program. Its called Driver Cleaner. http://www.drivercleaner.net/index.html

Follow the directions carefully.

This program will also work with your nforce MB drivers.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Seems to me that the "Game Mode" is the culprit. I left in in entertainment mode on accident, and i was able to play both games all day today without any problems... That and my PC seems to be running a lot better.

But now i cant use the X-Fi setting in BF2 :(

Creative better step-up on the driver's.

(Oh and thanks trouble, that's a pretty neat program, worked wonders on my chipset "Provider - nVidia")

Reading through the warrenty i found this too:

b) Damage from external causes such as floods, storms, fires, sand, dirt, earthquakes, an Act of God, exposure to sunlight, weather, moisture, heat, or corrosive environments, electrical surges, battery leakage, theft, or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection by Creative.

an Act of God Can they say that?

http://us.creative.com/support/warranty/warranty.asp

Section 8 Part B if you dont believe me.
          Oyee

Comment

For BF2 you have to quit the game, set the sound to game mode, re-enter the game, go to sound options, set it on x-fi and high then apply, now quit BF2 again and then go back in. Everytime I forget to set the sound to game mode this happens. BF2 will work with entertainment mode for a little while but if you quit and come back the sound setting will be screwed and you'll have to follow those steps again. :)

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
              an Act of God Can they say that?
              You don't own a car, do you?

Insurance Companies commonly uses the phrase. Usually it comes up when hitting Deer or other decently sized animals ;) Mostly it means any event in the natural world not created by humans. Lightning strikes, animals (or trees. You have to watch out for those buggers. Come out of nowhere) that jump out in front of your car, etcetera.
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                You don't own a car, do you?

Insurance Companies commonly uses the phrase. Usually it comes up when hitting Deer or other decently sized animals ;) Mostly it means any event in the natural world not created by humans. Lightning strikes, animals (or trees. You have to watch out for those buggers. Come out of nowhere) that jump out in front of your car, etcetera.
                But it already says lightning and stuff like that, by act of god i was thinking something like:

Cloud's opening up and a big bright lighted arm coming down and snapping my card in half... Now that would be an act of god.

And trouble, i know how to get BF2 and X-Fi working with game mode, the only problem is Game Mode Crashes my PC.
                Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X