I got issues with a laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got issues with a laptop

I just got a new IMB 760E ThinkPad Laptop. Yeah yeah, it's slow and old, but it plays starcraft just fine.
    I am trying to get it to make Starcraft fullscreen, but I cant find anything. The display is like in the middle of the screen surrounded in a black sea. Anyone know How i can make Starcraft fullscreen?

Also

My starcraft sound went out too. It was working fine last night, but I woke up, and it has no sound. ALl the other sound still works on it, even when I put another CD in (music CD) it works.

SC plays smooth and fine, I jsut need the sound working and get it fullscreen.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to fix any of these? I've done searching, but I can't find anything. Thanks for the help.

EDIT::

I still need the sound. How do find what type of sound card I have and install the correct one? I really need sound on it :\
    Specs: I know its slow
    P1 133-150mhz
    64mb ram
    IBM 760E
    Last edited by Sniper; 03-14-2004, 04:51 PM. Reason: new prob

Re: I got issues with a laptop

I also cannot access Volume control. Some1 help please?

Comment

tpcd001

i NEED that file Anyone know where I can get it?

Comment

The problem most likely stems from Starcraft running at a lower resolution than your monitor likes. CRTs just adjust this to fit the whole screen. Some LCDs will just make it fit into a certain area of the screen.

Ex: You LCD is 1024x768 max. When running windows at that res, everything is fine. Move the res down, and it just makes it use 800x600 pixels of the screen.

Newer video drivers may resolve this issue. You may also have an advanced setting under display properties that needs to be enabled. What OS are you on?

As for the sound, double check the settings in Starcraft. Is it by chance muted? If everything else works fine, then it seems like an issue with SC. I would try re-installing. If that doesn't work, update your soundcard drivers.

Comment

thx for the reply. im installing win98. if it still happens, ill post here.

Comment

Windows 98 works on it, and it is on this thing now (im on it now :))
            I edited my top post. Please read under edit for details.

Thanks for the help

Comment

You may have already done this but make sure all your drivers are uptodate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                You may have already done this but make sure all your drivers are uptodate.

I got everything to work but the full screen in 800x600 and the 600xsomething. Update drivers might work?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X