IRC and IM help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC and IM help!

Lately, GAIM and mIRC keep dropping their connection, but everything else (gaming, firefox, various bittorrent apps) continue to work.

In case it was a port thing, I've set up the correct default ports in the forwarding section of my router, but to no avail. I've never previously had any router related issues (even *without* port forwarding), so I'm thinking that something else is causing the problem.

Any ideas?
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: IRC and IM help!

You're using Linux I assume?
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator
      You're using Linux I assume?
      I'm currently using win 2000.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Has it just started in the past day or two? At least as far as GAIM is concerned, the AIM client has issues every few months where it will start dropping you or refuse your connection for a few days. After the brief tantrum, all will return to normal. I'm fine now, but I've been hit a couple of times this way. From what I've read, AOL changes info regarding the AIM ports/servers periodically because they don't like 3rd party chat clients using their system. Just takes a bit for the clients to catch up.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
          Has it just started in the past day or two? At least as far as GAIM is concerned, the AIM client has issues every few months where it will start dropping you or refuse your connection for a few days. After the brief tantrum, all will return to normal. I'm fine now, but I've been hit a couple of times this way. From what I've read, AOL changes info regarding the AIM ports/servers periodically because they don't like 3rd party chat clients using their system. Just takes a bit for the clients to catch up.
          It's been about a week, but it's also affecting ICQ, YIM and MSN. I don't think it's AOL, as mIRC is suffering the same problems.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X