Save account info for reformatting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save account info for reformatting?

Hey guys. I think I need to reformat my HDD because my PC's acting abit funny and it's just about that time of the year in general. I've never had to back up anything before, but this time I don't want to lose any of my account settings or profiles because I don't remember half of the PW's and email addresses I've used. Basically do I just copy folders such as BF2 from the program files onto a cd, then copy them back after reformatting? Or is there something else I need to do to not lose any of my profiles?
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Re: Save account info for reformatting?

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer
    Hey guys. I think I need to reformat my HDD because my PC's acting abit funny and it's just about that time of the year in general. I've never had to back up anything before, but this time I don't want to lose any of my account settings or profiles because I don't remember half of the PW's and email addresses I've used. Basically do I just copy folders such as BF2 from the program files onto a cd, then copy them back after reformatting? Or is there something else I need to do to not lose any of my profiles?
    If you're using Windows XP, the File and Settings Transfer Wizard works wonderfully. I don't know that it's going to save your game files, though...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

As far as BF2 profiles are concerned, search the BF2 (tech maybe) forums for info on how to transfer your profile. I'd give you the instructions now, but I don't have my real computer in front of me. The info you need is in the forums, though.
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

cool thnx for the info guys.
        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

And don't be dumb like me...make sure you have your BF2 manual before you format. I thought I knew where mine was.....whoops!!! No Cd key without manual!!!

Chappie

Comment

just goto your documents where your bf2 folder is, and profile folder is in there, just copy that folder and save.

Comment

Originally posted by Chappie
              And don't be dumb like me...make sure you have your BF2 manual before you format. I thought I knew where mine was.....whoops!!! No Cd key without manual!!!

Chappie
              You could always do what I do: Since I plan on having a Gmail email account forever, and you can keep your email archived there forever, I simply email myself the CD Keys of any games that I get... This way, I can not lose them, ever. Well, unless Google lets me down...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X