AMD Drops Prices 47%

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Drops Prices 47%

This would be a good time to buy a CPU from AMD. As expected, they cut prices by 47% on most of its desktop processors today in advance of Intel's Core 2 processor release.

Source:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/23/am...cessor_prices/
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: AMD Drops Prices 47%

Well, they had to do it in order to compete with the Core 2 Duo. The cuts were so massive that, with people making new systems, it's a legitimate choice between the two company's processors. $170 for an X2 3800+!
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

man! I just built my machine in March....may be I will get a better cpu.
      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

I hear ya. I paid 130 for my Athlon 64 3000+ several months ago. My stomach hurts seeing current prices.

Comment

Can someone explain to me what is so good about these Yonah core processors, just from looking at the specs they seem to be even less powerful than pentium Ds. When someone tells me why they're so good I'll probably have an Ah-ha! moment, but until then i don't get why AMD is in full retreat.

EDIT: WOW! I was looking at the wrong proc on Newegg. The core 2 one looks amazing! 1066mhz FSB Shared 4MB L2 cache. I want one of these for my next upgrade.
          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
          #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

The E6300 looks to score, in benchmarks, competitively with the AMD X2 4800+. And, it's under $200. I don't think Yonah core processors have anything to do with AMD's price drops. It's the Core 2 Duo.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X