Playing BF2 on a 16:10 screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing BF2 on a 16:10 screen

I just got a new laptop that's gaming capable, but the aspect ratio is 16:10 (default res is 1280x800). Obviously, this causes stretching in BF2, since the only resolution choices in that are 800x600 and 1024x768. What are my options for getting the game to run without stretching? Is there a way to boot windows in 1024x768 (leaving black bars on either side) so as to acheive a standard aspect ratio? Alternatively, is there a way to change BF2's resolution to 1280x800 without stretching? I've tried playing the game in a 1024x768 window, but this seems to impair my performance (and it's distracting to see my desktop behind it).

Re: Playing BF2 on a 16:10 screen

right click on the shortcut on desktop go to properties in the target area insert this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 800

the szx and szy are for custom resolutions

Comment

Keep in mind that BF2 doesn't change your field of view to be wider. It's just taking a 4:3 view and chopping the top and bottom to fit the 1280x800 resolution. If you want regular 4:3 ratio, there's probably a graphics driver setting. I have that with the ATI drivers on my laptop. It's called Scale to Display or something like that.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks both of you for your help. I found the scale to display option, haven't tried playing with it yet. Changing the target to boot the game in 1280x800 seems to be somewhat unstable, I got multiple crashes to desktop tonight while using it (might've been a heat issue). Also, it seems as if the crosshairs are either not adjusted or are off slightly, especially on the grenade launcher. I would aim high and the thing would drop straight to the ground. I'll keep playing around with the ATI driver setting vs. forcing the resolution change.

Comment

For your future gaming needs:

www.widescreengamingforum.com
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X