My 9800 Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 9800 Pro

I have a temp gauge hooked up to my 9800 pro. Some how the heat sensor blocked the fan. PC was at idle for about 30 mins, and I started to play. I noticed poly errors almost instantly. I then shut off my PC , and fixed the problem. Now when i play the card is getting hot. Is there anyway to test the card before sending it in?

Edit: Im using a temp gauge with the wire slid between the board and the heatsink. Is that a reliable way to test temp on this card?
    Last edited by Cobra; 03-22-2004, 08:34 AM. Reason: Added info

Re: My 9800 Pro

mine doesnt get hot, nor do i get graphic errors

Comment

What do you mean by the card is getting hot? What is hot in degrees? Maybe your card has always been running at that temp. I don't know how to install temp gauges but I think between the board and heatsink as close as possible to the chip is fine. It definitely shouldn't be between the chip and heatsink.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        What do you mean by the card is getting hot? What is hot in degrees? Maybe your card has always been running at that temp. I don't know how to install temp gauges but I think between the board and heatsink as close as possible to the chip is fine. It definitely shouldn't be between the chip and heatsink.

Well, it is definatly screwed...Started giving me really bad graphical errors now. Good news though....I just saved 10% on my car insurance! J/K...Its been under 30 days since I purchased the card, so all I am out is a shipping fee :) The thing that sucks is that I just sent in my 9800XT yesterday :( NO BACK UP CARD [email protected]@[email protected]@ Whaaaaaaa
        Last edited by Cobra; 03-23-2004, 12:11 PM. Reason: Just a thought I had after posting...

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
          Well, it is definatly screwed...Started giving me really bad graphical errors now. Good news though....I just saved 10% on my car insurance! J/K...Its been under 30 days since I purchased the card, so all I am out is a shipping fee :) The thing that sucks is that I just sent in my 9800XT yesterday :( NO BACK UP CARD [email protected]@[email protected]@ Whaaaaaaa
          o.O
          thats why i keep a Geforce4MX lying around :) JUST incase of a blowout. It was only 40 bucks :D

Comment

Maybe keep something better than a GFMX around. What if you want to play BF:V or another game that requires pixel shading? :D

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
              o.O
              thats why i keep a Geforce4MX lying around :) JUST incase of a blowout. It was only 40 bucks :D

Well that is my backup!!!..I had to send my 9800XT in for something I may have broke.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X