XP Pro Versus XP Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Pro Versus XP Home

Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether XP Pro is better for gaming than XP Home or it they are indentical in performance and stuff?

Thanks

Re: XP Pro Versus XP Home

There's not much every day difference between the two. If it's just a gaming system, XP Home will do just fine. Most of the differences are networking features.

XP - Home vs. Pro

- It's who you game with.

Comment

XP Pro's only real benefit over Home edition is the ability to log into an NT/2000/2003 Domain. This is pathetic because even Windows 98 came with the ability to login to domains. I've also noticed pro has a few extra tools the troubleshoot networking (can't think of any off the top of my head) which doesn't amount to much, and tends to have less wizards (but there are still 5,000 that come up automatically).

I think pro also has dual CPU support whereas home edition has support for only one. Not a big deal as mutiple CPU's are a waste on 99.999% of desktop/gaming PCs. No games I know of are coded to take advantage of it.

Comment

The only difference is what is stated above and some better options in the Adminstrative Tools section and under Manage Computer when you right-click on My Computer. Also you get some additional software packages shipped on the CD (like additional plugins for IIS and the such).
        Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Thanks,
          I read somewhere in another forum that it was more stable and better for gaming which my instincts doubted.

case closed ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X