Buying a mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a mouse

Yeah my mouse clicker broke :(. I was wondering if you guys know a good reliable mouse company. My microsoft wireless explorer 2.0 broke in 3 or 4 years.

Price range is about 30+ dollars and I need a gaming mouse with a good wheel and 5 buttons.

Any suggestions on a good mouse to buy?

Re: Buying a mouse

I'll buy nothing but Logitech for the foreseeable future...

Their MX518 is $40 at their site and at Newegg as well... But it has a cord, blegh... It's well worth it to shell out the bucks for a fast RF cordless like the MX1000.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have and love my Logitech MX510. I've owned it since it came out in red and it still works perfectly.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I also have an MX510, works great and looks good too ;)
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

/me looks around for Greflin.

Don't get a trackball!

*hides*
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

*throws rocks at Rince*

He was asking for a mouse not a trackball :P

Logitech is really good. That's what i have always used.

Comment

Checked out the prices on new egg. Read the reviews and seems like everyone is having problems with the left clicker on the microsoft mouses after quite some time. Some people had problems after 6 months, but mine stopped working correctly after a couple years.

So yeah I guess I'll buy a logitech. I think I am just going to buy a the 518 because I have had wireless for a while and it really does not make a difference if it has a cord. Plus my batteries have went out mid game many times before.

So yeah its either the 518, or the mx1000 if I want cordless. What do you guys think?

Comment

Won't go wrong with either I don't think. I have the mx518 and I love it.
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I've used nothing but logitechs so far and haven't had any real problems.
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I have both of those and a G5. I really prefer the MX1000 over the others. The batteries last long enough for a few days of use. I've never had a problem with batteries dying, although I'm fairly good about putting it in the charger overnight when the batteries get low. I like the bigger, weightier feel of the mx1000. And, cordless is always a plus.

Comment

I love the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0. You can't expect mice to last forever. 3 to 4 years is pretty good I think before it breaks.
                      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Logitech G5 here. I love it.

Comment

Do those wireless ones work well? Isn't the distance between mouse and receiver crucial? I have my CPU under the desk. Just wondering

Comment

The G7 is currently $44.99 at Amazon after rebate. And it is the new black version with the better grip. I also have the MX1000 but I find it to be too heavy for games.
                            |TG|Melee
                            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by marstein View Post
                              Do those wireless ones work well? Isn't the distance between mouse and receiver crucial? I have my CPU under the desk. Just wondering
                              I've had the Cordless Mouseman Optical, which had a cord that runs from your PC to a transceiver that sits on your desk; and the MX1000 which has a cord that runs from your PC to the base station which is the battery charger and transceiver. But both mice worked from about 6 feet away LOS, and had no connection problems from a couple of feet away through a desk.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X