Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feedback on the Razor gaming headphones...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback on the Razor gaming headphones...

I noticed these nice pairs of Razor Brand Headphones, priced at just over 100 bucks... I was wondering... anyone got some feedback on how great, or not great these headphones are?

and I read at there site that it's recommended to have there Razor soundcard too... thou I really don't need to replace my sound card, and don't want too frankly... is it that much of an improvement over the typical, newer Soundblasters?

Razer | Professional Gaming Peripherals - Razer Barracuda HP1 Gaming Headphones

Thanks for any feedback.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: feedback on the Razor gaming headphones...

I would wait for some reviews. A lot of picked up Zalmans and added a mic to it for a much cheaper surround sound headphones setup.

For the sound card, I think that's just a gimmick. Razer wants you to give them more money. If you're into gaming, I don't see much choice but to use Creative and their proprietary EAX. The best you get with any other sound card is EAX 2. I'd use a Creative card if I could only part with my current sound card's external rack and afford one from Creative. If I only knew back in the EAX 2 days that future EAX versions wouldn't be used in non-Creative sound cards.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Techgage - Review: Razer Barracuda Headset

Comment

thx, good review... but I'll stick with my 50 dollar headphones that work just fine and comfortable...

this headphone set is still in it's infanty.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I agree. I'm perfectly happy with my Plantronics DSP-500 headset that was about half that price. :)

Comment

I swear by these headphones. 5.1 (real) surround sound, a nice mic, and fully adjustable postitional audio.

TurtleBeach EarForce HPA 5.1

Review

The only gripes I've had is that it takes a little tweaking to the audio dials to get the sound right, and that if the fake leather ear cover comes off, it takes me a good 10 minutes manuevering my uncoordinated fingers to get it back on. Bear in min also that they are adjustable, but it requires the gentle bending of the wire frame, after that they are comfy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X