Wireless keyboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless keyboards

Alright guys. Against some suggestions and my better judgement I went ahead and got a projector and I'm loving it!! However, my "dungeon" is pretty small and I'm forced to project one direction w/my all my pc stuff facing the other way. I'm curious as to what wireless keyboards anyone has and what kind of prop they use to set it up if they're not using it on a regular desk. Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated!
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Re: Wireless keyboards

I may not be popular with this answer (to those Microsoft haters out there) but Microsoft makes the best Wireless keyboards I have seen. Same for their mice too.

Both my computer and my wife's computer have 2 slightly different versions of the Microsoft Desktop Elite Keyboard/Mouse Combo. They do NOT run through batteries like so many other wireless keyboards I have had. After using about 3 other brands, this is the one I'm settled on.

()

Comment

I've had my Logitech cordless keyboard for almost 5 years now, and it's spectacular. It works up to about 6 feet away and the batteries will last for about 6 months at a time during my normal use. (However, if you accidentally set something on the keyboard and go to bed, you'll find that the batteries will only last for a couple days and you'll be confused as to why that happened if you don't make the connection...)
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        (However, if you accidentally set something on the keyboard and go to bed, you'll find that the batteries will only last for a couple days and you'll be confused as to why that happened if you don't make the connection...)
        I'm glad I haven't found that problem, yet! ;)

()

Comment

I too bought a logitech wireless keyboard. I have had it about 3 years now and it works fantastically. It comes with a load of extra buttons at the time, all programmable if you add logitech's desktop software (to the point where some will load up a web page in IE and another will load a web page in Opera).

I bought it as a set of wireless mouse and keyboard, but the mouse wasn't up to gaming much - especially when turning turrets on a tank in BF2. I replaced this with a logitech mx1000 (thanks for the recommendation Apo et al) last year and this too has been fine.

Not sure how long batteries last for, but I am a heavy user I would say and it is easily more than 3 months. I say that as I moved house 5 months ago and have only had to replace the batteries once. It works from.. well I have not fully tested it, but I know that I mamanged to alter the volume on my PC from about 15feet away and through 2 plaster walls. Which is kinda worrying cos I rest it on my legs for general use. No kids for me I guess - ah well can't be doing any more than my mobile phone does.

I cannot judge whether logitech or microsoft is better as I have never used a microsoft cordless keyboard, but from my very positive experiences with logitech I would buy them every time.

**haha, my mouse battery just ran out. Typical. Hmm... how do i hit post this?

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and got a logitech wireless kb, but it came with a mouse that I don't need. I've got my g7 wireless and I think the kb is messing w/my g7 signals. oh well.
            |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...