Mac advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac advice

Not sure there's much experience with Macs here, but I'm looking for some basic advice. A friend of mine is looking to get a video editing system set up in her home. She has experience with Final Cut and Avid, but they use Final Cut at her office. Other than that, she has little computer experience.

Based on this, I recommended that she go for a home setup with a Mac and Final Cut.

Now I have no experience with Macs, but after a quick scan of the Apple store, I concluded that she should probably get an iMac Intel Core Duo. It appears to come in a 17" or a 20" model. I am keen to push toward the 20", but then she might not feel that it is sensible to spend the extra cash.

So... any special Mac advice out there? Avoid the Core Duo? Buy used? Screw Mac and get a PC?

Any advice at all would be appreciated.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: Mac advice

When will they be introducing the Core 2 Duos to Macs? Might be something to keep an eye on.

Comment

Thanks!

She stumbles through PC use, so I think she'll stumble through Mac use just as well. I will recommend the bigger monitor to her. I think this system will serve her well.

Holy smokes on the Final Cut Pro prices. Final Cut Express might suit her needs. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I think she films clips for news stories, so it is single-camera work.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Tell her to use Ubuntu! :madsmile:

*runs as the shoes are thrown*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse