DVD burner help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD burner help

I just installed and DVD burner on my wifes computer and we seem to have lost the burning software for the burner:(

I have some questions about this because I am a total noob when it comes to DVD burners.

1-Do I need to use a DVD buning software to make back up of digital pictures? Or can I use an older version of Nero that doesn't have DVD capabilities?

2-If I do does anyone know of a trial version I can get or some free software that can help us out?

Thanks in advance
    sigpic

Re: DVD burner help

You can download trail versions of Nero.
    NeroPortal [Downloads]

That will help get you thru your project until you can find yours or get a new one. Im not sure but i think you can burn a DVD the same way you can burn a CDR thru XP, the little wizard thing
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Unless you have a crap ton of pictures, you probably don't need to use a DVD, CDs will do fine.
      |TG| Lorian
      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

You do need DVD burning software, XP's built-in CD burning stuff won't do it.

Surplus Computers - $6 for Nero Essentials.

CDBurnerXP Pro - free burning solution | Downloads - free burning software, never used it myself though.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

I love it when things work better in Linux and are free. The built-in DVD burner in Nautilus (like Windows Explorer for GNOME) works great.
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian View Post
            Unless you have a crap ton of pictures, you probably don't need to use a DVD, CDs will do fine.
            My wife has over 2gigs of pictures she wants to back up.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by perry View Post
              You do need DVD burning software, XP's built-in CD burning stuff won't do it.

Surplus Computers - $6 for Nero Essentials.

CDBurnerXP Pro - free burning solution | Downloads - free burning software, never used it myself though.

That's exactly what I was looking for thanks Perry. I gotta spread some rep around before I can give you anymore but thanks anyways much appreciated
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X